Posted: Jan 7th 2009 9:24AM Idle said

I can agree with these assessments. I resubscribed last month and I've had a good time.

The bug fixes are probably the biggest thing I've noticed. Everything was nice and smooth. No crashes, disappearing maps, etc.

Posted: Jan 7th 2009 9:31AM (Unverified) said

Bugs, exploits, and stability are better. The game isn't, though. It's just sort of fundamentally dull and repetitive for the last 60 levels.

Posted: Jan 7th 2009 9:51AM Temko said

i may take a peek at conan once they do their "itemization" changed and crafting revamp.

untill then they have to offer me exacly:

1 more map to play since release,
1 more dungeon since release,
the same LACK of balance
the same LACK of end-game content or balance
the same LACK of honestly

...and they still dont have everything inplemented that it says on the box.

so when they have everything on the box + after release development to show... then i'll lookie at them

Posted: Jan 7th 2009 10:41AM (Unverified) said

That's what I don't get... they don't have half the shit on the retail box... and people are happy now?

I'd like to try AoC eventually, but not until they get their butts in gear. I'm sure there are some fantastically great aspects of the game... but I got burned on "supporting" TR for long enough to learn my lesson on underperforming games.

Posted: Jan 7th 2009 10:59AM (Unverified) said

They need to do a "come back for free for a week" offer. I like to see on how the improvements are .. however do not want to drop $15 to take a peek.
Hook me in for a free week.. and if things are better I may stay.

Posted: Jan 7th 2009 11:57AM (Unverified) said

You seem to have missed what I would consider the most important numbers:

Number of participants 3 months ago: ~2154
Number of participants now: ~1230

As a "snapshot of a community," it's a pretty good indication that the size of that community has shrunk considerably (this was a message board poll on one of the AoC fan boards). It could well be the case that those who are still playing the game always had a positive opinion of it, and that many of those with more negative opinions are no longer around to respond to the poll.

Posted: Jan 7th 2009 12:07PM (Unverified) said

Just resubscribed today, thou haven't had enough time to see the changes. But i would have relogged anyway, 'cause i've liked the game from the start.

I think if you say that AoC is dull and repeting last 60 levels, there's not much difference to other MMO's. This game is easy to be angry to, for being disappointed at the release and it's also easy to blame on forums, there's always supporters for that action.

And what comes to what the box told, i don't think there's so much that isn't there. And anyway, i know a pile of games that told they are 'exitement for hours', eventhou i uninstalled them in 15 minutes...

Ok, the last one was with a *wink* =D

Posted: Jan 7th 2009 12:42PM JediPagan said

AoCs population has definitely been on an upswing in the last month or so. Word of mouth is bringing people back to the game. AoC pretty much runs flawlessly now. DX10 is on the Test server and should go live soon. The new PvP system has ignited pvp in the game (it's fun hunting Murderers!). A visit to the forums reflects a very positive outlook for AoC. If Funcom can somehow keep adding content on a continual basis, AoC is going to be around for the long haul.

Posted: Jan 7th 2009 2:35PM Crsh said

It kills me that the DX10 client is still not out; mind you, I don't need it for playing a game, but it's representative of the over-promised stuff Funcom has had a very hard time delivering on.

I'd be more than willing to check this out again when I hit the 1-year mark, still got a few months to go; that's assuming my lv72 priest of Mitra didn't get deleted in one of their server mergers.

Posted: Jan 7th 2009 12:55PM TheJackman said

I do own the game still and get a level 24 "priest" but I not gonna pay one extra month until they fix some big issues!

Posted: Jan 7th 2009 5:05PM (Unverified) said

Big issues? And you seen them at lvl 24? What big issues? You say you play a priest, but you smell like a troll...

AoC is worlds beyond the state of game at launch. Endgame needs more content, but otherwise AoC is a great MMO. No other PvP game offers a more personal, visceral experience. My only complaint is lack of voice acting throughout the entire game.

Posted: Jan 9th 2009 11:03AM (Unverified) said

As Mark twain said, "there are three kinds of lies: lies, dman lies, and statistics."

Having driven away all but the hardcore few who actually found things to love in the game despite Funcoms horrible mismanagement, of course their ratings will go up.

means nothing.

Posted: Jan 9th 2009 11:21AM (Unverified) said

I should add that there is only one improvement that would get me to come back...

The apologize for the way they dissed NE PVE roleplayers and take honest and sincere steps to improving the game from *that* perspective, I'd try it again.

In the end, it wasn't, issues with the game the drove me away-- it was the attitude of the management.

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM