Posted: Dec 29th 2008 9:13AM phobic99 said

This is a good guide. I've tried Eve off and on for 4 years now and I only have a measly 1.7mil skillpoints. I reactivated with the 5 days free offer but I think I may make a trial account so I can "relearn" the game.

Posted: Dec 29th 2008 9:49AM Lethality said

14 days isn't nearly enough for any MMO, let alone something like EVE. It needs to be at least 30 like the others.

Posted: Dec 29th 2008 4:40PM Brendan Drain said

I don't think any MMO gives 30 day free trials. 14 days is about standard for the industry, some give 10 days or less and I've played one that only gave eight hours. In contrast, you can get a 21 day trial for EVE if you use steam or have a current player send you a buddy key.

If you mean the 30 days that come free with the initial purchase of most MMOs, EVE does do that too. If you buy the game, the initial purchase price includes a free month. If you upgrade from a trial to a full account by just adding a subscription, I'm not sure if you get those 30 days (pretty sure it's just for new accounts).

Posted: Dec 29th 2008 11:11AM (Unverified) said

Eve is still a amazing game the Eye Candy in it for me is what does it. I didn't know about the 21 day trial from steam, d/l it now to see if it cant hook me again

Posted: Dec 29th 2008 7:25PM (Unverified) said

If anyone has a buddy code the would be willing to send along I would appreciate it. I have been planning on starting a trial account for months but other commitments have prevented me. Now that I have some free time, I'm planning on starting immediately. My gmail username is mezentius. Thanks for any help.

Posted: Dec 29th 2008 7:55PM Brendan Drain said

I've sent you one from one of my characters, hope you enjoy your trial!

Posted: Dec 29th 2008 7:56PM (Unverified) said

Thanks, got it. Eve, here I come!

Posted: Jan 8th 2009 10:11AM (Unverified) said

There is a guy who is trying to show people how you can convert a trial account into a full account for free by using the inbuild game cash. he's not got very far yet but might be worth a look for some pointers on how to get the most out of your trial.

WRUP: Oversaturation