Posted: Jan 3rd 2009 7:59AM (Unverified) said

OK one little caveat to remeber John, is that Interplays last Fallout game was a really crappy one. Released January 2004 and was every bit as traumatic and tragic to me as the NGE that SOE placed on the sholders of SWG fans. Brotherhood of Steel ranks of with one of those games that every company with a great IP should look at before they make their next game just so they know how to not screw things up for themselves. Forgive me if I have little faith in Interplay, but we can only hope that Interplay doesn't come up with the 30 million in time to hold on to the MMO rights of Fallout, and I would like to add that we could be should be so lucky as to have Bethesda create the MMO that they should with this IP because in my view as a Fallout Vet I loved what Bethesda did regardless of what those fanatics over at No Mutants Allowed think.

Posted: Dec 29th 2008 8:43PM (Unverified) said

I feel Guild Wars 2, Aion and Earthrise show a lot of potential. (I'm even super excited for Ambulation as well.)

SOE and Codemasters have both had so many issues even maintaining a consistent player base. Codemasters couldn't hold onto their license for RF Online (only after it deteriorated into F2P) and SOE degenerated into a bizarre subscription service. I'd have to say my hopes for any such titles from the aforementioned are low.

Posted: Dec 29th 2008 12:39AM (Unverified) said

Darkfall doesn't stand a chanse in this world. Perhaps it would 10 years ago, but not today.

Anyway, looking foreward to Aion here in Europe. Then Jumpgate Evolution and hopefully we'll see The Agency and SW:TOR this year as well, but I won't cross my fingers.

Looking foreward to more info on that Warhammer 20k mmo as well.. That could be a good one.

Posted: Dec 29th 2008 12:45AM Anatidae said

Jumpgate:Evolution! It still remains to be scene if it becomes the MMO that embodies Elite, Tie vs. X-Wing, etc... into a modern setting. I want to explore, dogfight, and have a chance to become part of a big empire - yet still remain a roguish pilot.

Champions Online! Although I am also hoping that CoX decides to make a CoX_v2. I love CoX, but the game needs something more. I think it really needs to take a page from WAR with some good solid settings for Villains vs. Heroes where each can take control of parts of the world and consequences of that happening. Also, base building and raiding. Somehow there must be a meta-game in this where you build bases that you know are made to get raided. Sort of like the Dungeon Master game, but with a twist.

That's about it now. I am curious on what the other MMOs have up their sleeves to try and make their games seem better than the others, but I am doubtful there is going to be much to draw me away from WAR, WoW and CoX - the three of which seem to satisfy all my MMO needs at the moment.

Posted: Dec 29th 2008 8:04PM (Unverified) said

No one is looking forward for Aion mmo by NcSoft. i am still looking forward to that game

Posted: Dec 29th 2008 7:33AM (Unverified) said

Guild Wars 2. I enjoyed the original quite a but, though never got into it very deeply... The lack of core-MMO features, movement, and over-use of instances always turned me off... Though I loved the art, setting, and open class system.

SWTOR. I doubt we'll see it in 2009, but one can hope, right?

Champions Online. CoH was fun, but ultimately too grindy and monotonous for me. Hopefully Champions wont be too twitchy.

I'll probably try Aion, though I don't have high expectations.

Posted: Dec 29th 2008 5:33PM (Unverified) said

Darkfall. Under 1 month till release then we all get to find out if it is first class or a flop. (I'm voting for the first.)

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM