Posted: Dec 28th 2008 10:34AM (Unverified) said

Very, very interesting. Dare I hope that this has anything to do with Jovians showing up in an expansion some time this year?

Dare I hope Jovians might be a playable race?

Dare I??? :D

Posted: Dec 29th 2008 1:36PM (Unverified) said

"Dare I hope Jovians might be a playable race?

Dare I??? :D"

CCP said that Jovians will not be a playable race. they dont want players to play them since it will draw too many people from the other 4 races. (LORE: Jovians where the makers of star gates and the method of ships being controlled by pod pilots.)
Jovians will be Overpowered, compared to the other races. If anything, they might give the players missions, when they do come out.

Posted: Dec 28th 2008 7:58PM Brendan Drain said

The big problem with stuff like this is that since the closure of the events department, all of it has been fiction. There are some EVE fiction junies out there that love all this stuff but the majority of players don't care unless it affects the game. We see videos of these epic skirmishes between factions and news of slave emancipation but it doesn't actually happen anywhere in the game and we can't get involved.

That said, this was an unexpected twist to the storyline and I am holding out hope (because I'm a masochist) that they're going to actually tie this one into in-game events somehow leading up to the march expansion.

Posted: Dec 28th 2008 8:50PM redavni said

Wow. I wonder how CVA is going to react to this. If anyone wants to get involved with the Minmatar/Amarr battles, all you have to do is head down to the southeast to CVA country or up north to Morsus Mihi. I haven't heard anything about them fighting recently, but they are both very powerful and heavily into RP.

Factional warfare will not be affected by this news though, it's a pointless mini-game within Eve.

Posted: Dec 29th 2008 12:08AM Brendan Drain said

Faction warfare isn't just a pointles mini-game. Don't get me wrong, it seems CCP is trying REALLY HARD to make it a pointless minigame but the people actually in it are just there for the PvP. The system-capturing part is pointless but like most things CCP create, the players don't quite use it as intended. It's really just a way to get some PvP against willing opponents. Capturing a system is at best an occasion to expect an enemy fleet to intercede.

They're apparantly reworking faction warfare so we're all fighting over the same area but it won't make much of a difference, really. The PvP is fun but I do wish there were more incentives to do it and more varied environments to do it in. That's what we were originally promised, pretty much.

Posted: Dec 29th 2008 8:45AM Wgraves said

Faction warfare is like RP, it is what you make it.