Posted: Dec 20th 2008 10:11PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Is this a desperation move by mythic?

Posted: Dec 20th 2008 10:35PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Damn right it's desperate. The last game I can remember that did this so soon after launch was Tabula Rasa. And we all know what happened there...

Posted: Dec 21st 2008 3:06AM (Unverified) said

I've just noticed Wotlk is offering 10 day free trials, does anyone spot a pattern here :/

Posted: Dec 21st 2008 12:56AM Abriael said

LOL. The history of MMORPGs is full of cases that offer free trial accounts (not even buddy codes) right at launch, so you might want to set your facts straight before spouting this kind of nonsense :D

Fortress siege sometimes crash because there are too many people involved. Sorry to disappoint you, but warhammer's population is very healthy.
Wanting to entice MORE player under the holidays is a smart move, quite far from "desperation".

Posted: Dec 21st 2008 1:57AM GreenArmadillo said

LOTRO started offering a large number of incentives very early after their launch, and they seem to be doing fine. The $50 entry barrier is a bit steep, and anything that brings it down can only help the game.

The real question is whether they're policing the system so to catch people whose invitees "coincidentally" all turn out to be gold sellers - pretty much every game I've played suffered a massive increase in spam after starting a free trial program.

Posted: Dec 21st 2008 4:43AM Purkit said

Population on our server seems OK, maybe its not at capacity, but I can normally find some RvR action when I want it.

I'm the first person to whine about a game not living up to expectations, but to be honest I'm having a real blast in WAR at the moment. Over the last month I was loosing a little interest, until they updated the game with the big patch. Now its lively, lots of
world RvR which I really enjoy. Its running much better for me now than it was before the latest patches.

Tier4 sieges are still crashing the servers sometimes, that's a problem they need to fix.

However no matter what other people will claim WAR is a huge amount of fun in T1, T2 and T3 open world RvR.

Mythic may have released a little to early, but the game now is really improved and I'll not be canceling any time soon.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2008 10:14AM (Unverified) said

Is this US only? I'm having problems registering my cd-key with the eamythic master account page :\

Posted: Dec 22nd 2008 10:34PM (Unverified) said

I agree with Purkit.

Since the last patch, the game has been much better. The increase in ORVR numbers has made the world much more lively. The fact that im only level 32, doing oRVR with level 40s and still feel like contributing deserves credit.

They have their work cut out for them but i think they are on the way.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM