Posted: Dec 19th 2008 8:51PM Holgranth said

*channels spirit of David*
Failcom fails omg! Giving free stuff its totaly fail just like conan. Fail fail failcom. Why don't you just pull the plug on your FAILURE failcom!
*Stops channeling*

Holy cow that was scary! He was possesing me!

Posted: Dec 20th 2008 1:55AM (Unverified) said

It's david not David.

Posted: Dec 20th 2008 12:13AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Yep... epic fail...

Posted: Dec 20th 2008 1:53AM (Unverified) said

Do you realize that no one takes you seriously and that they are actually parodying you?

Posted: Dec 20th 2008 2:37AM Nadril said

I wish I could get the fan club you have, david. I stop trolling age of conan for a few months and everyone forgets about you.

Posted: Dec 19th 2008 10:21PM Nadril said

I was going to say something witty about this event, but I don't think anyone is left playing Age of Conan to even care.

Posted: Dec 19th 2008 11:46PM TheJackman said

I wish they did give my money back as a holiday gift :(

Posted: Dec 20th 2008 1:21AM Slob Zombie said

Is the game still that unpolished? I keep getting tempted to resubscribe. The combat was just so fun.

Posted: Dec 20th 2008 1:17PM JediPagan said

AoC is worlds away from the state of game even 3 months ago. I'm playing the game and having a great time. You also might be surprised that in the last 3 weeks there are many new faces in the game. Had the game released in it's current state, no one would be QQing about AoC. Funcom made a stupid arse decision to launch early, as well as other blunders, but that does not make AoC a bad game. AoC is a good MMO. Not great but definitely good. I tell you what, I left WAR and came back to AoC with no regrets.

Now, in regards to the Holiday gift, pretty lame. I would rather have a snow mammoth!

Posted: Dec 20th 2008 1:24AM Slob Zombie said

Interesting. So what's better about the games these days? Does it run better? That was my biggest gripe.

Posted: Dec 20th 2008 6:22AM Nmaster64 said

I think everyone would be surprised if they got tried one more month after the server merge...

Posted: Dec 20th 2008 3:02PM JediPagan said

Performance issues are gone. I consistently get 30 FPS (many of my guildmates get 50+). They have implemented a PvP rewards system which has invigorated PvP. Added a new zone (Ymir's Pass) for level 50+ content. I'd say the only issues remaining is end game content and getting populations back up (which seems to be happening and will only get better with the server merges that are soon to take place).

Posted: Dec 21st 2008 2:11AM Slob Zombie said

Damn, they did something for performance. I reinstalled the game today and I'm getting 40-50 FPS in town where I use to get 15-20. And the hitching (frequent short freezes when running or turning) seems to be nonexistent also. I don't even have a great rig, but everything ran like this at medium settings. Here's my system:

Athlon X2 4200+
2GB DDR RAM
GEFORCE 8800GTS 320MB

Nice work Funcom. I used my own buddy key (not a bad idea if you want to test the game out without having to resub for another month) and I'm giving serious thought to resubscribing.

And no, I don't work for Funcom, I'm just trying to give these guys another chance.

Posted: Dec 21st 2008 4:23PM Deryk said

I am enjoying AoC the second-time-around! It's SO much more polished and smooth-running. A good choice for all those ready to jump off the SOE bandwagon (poor mgt decisions with RMT) and looking for a good fantasy MMO! That's why I re-joined AoC. Funcom is greater than SOE any day! I'd also suggest taking a look at LotRO as well! Wow, Mines of Moria is awesome! But I digress...

Seriously, AoC is fun to play with new armor, new quests, new areas, and the performance upgrades really have made it quite a smooth gaming experience for me. No ctd's either! Hurrah!

StarCraft II: An MMO player's perspective