Posted: Dec 18th 2008 5:14PM (Unverified) said

@JP:

This one is more foolish than I thought.

If you'd like, I'll be happy to share with you my real name, vitals, my husband's name, and some photos of our basement you so eloquently assumed I live in.

I'm afraid that facts might get in the way of your ego, however, so I'll leave you to your bullshit assumptions.

Am I elitist? I suppose a simpleton such as yourself might think so, but the reality is that I'm merely yanking on your chain, sweetheart, and you're doing a damn fine job of profiling yourself and your cliche of a life without my help.

Now, be a dear and run along to the store, we're out of milk and Huggies.

Posted: Dec 18th 2008 5:52PM (Unverified) said

-Well, you really DID come across as an asshole.

-No one cares about your "vitals".

-Those same people care even less about your "husband".

-You sure sounded elitist when you decided to blanketly dismiss an entire group of people that probably number in the millions worldwide.

-"Yanking on your chain" is what many people would call a "Dick Move". Meaning you were being a "dick" when you "yanked".

-The milk and Huggies thing was condescending and definitely a "Dick Move".

-Did I mention that you came across as an asshole?

Posted: Dec 19th 2008 5:25PM (Unverified) said

This is Age of Conan: IN SPACE. And I'm not going to change my mind until a month after launch.

Posted: Dec 18th 2008 6:00PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Ah, perhaps you and JP could go jerk each other off in front of Episode I and feel better together?

If you'll note, JP's response to my first was chock full of personal attacks, and so I responded in kind. Granted, none of this really means much, other than an amusing diversion on a slow day at the office, but feel free to apply the term asshole in a fair and accurate manner if you're going to join in on the forum joust.

I mentioned personal info because he felt the need to take a shot at my anonymity, and frankly I have nothing to hide and said so.

In any event, you boys enjoy each other's company. Sounds like you're made for each other. :p

Posted: Dec 18th 2008 8:05PM Sunlover said

I find Penny Arcade smart and funny sometimes. Other times, not so much.

It's a Star Wars game. Not a Star Wars simulation.
Of course you're not going to be able to slice through everything with one swing of your character's light saber. There are plenty of games where things that SHOULD kill creatures with one hit don't. There really isn't anything smart or funny about pointing this out. We've all seen and played these games. Many of us are smart enough to figure out that in REAL life, that creature would be dead if it got hit by a rocket/laser beam/whatever ridiculous flavor of the month weapon. Is that FUN, however? I guess fun is relative though, so, to each their own. I know this: nobody wants to play some pilot or some rebel medic, or empire engineer- they want to play Jedi/Sith (and maybe Bounty Hunters too, thanks to Boba and Jango). You can't have a hundred Jedi running around one-shotting every Sith player or npc they come across. Until you can provide constructive criticism with a less negative tone, I'm really not hearing you, much less laughing or being trendily impressed by your wit.

Oh, and P.S.- Can we stop referring to the game as SWTOR? It's TOR, that's it. One syllable, nice and simple. We all know it's a Star Wars game. Do we really need to make sure we all get that by adding the SW to the initialism? I mean, even the developers themselves call it TOR...

So let's all just chill and see what happens with the game and be happy that a company like bioware is making an exciting new mmo based on a franchise that many of us love. I'm sure they'll do a great job and deliver on most, if not all, of their claims. From their track record, we have no reason to believe they won't.

Posted: Dec 18th 2008 8:08PM Seraphina Brennan said

We call it SWTOR as it's the official acronym of the game. While the developers call it TOR, and a bunch of us call it TOR, it was released to the press as SWTOR. (Plus the website is http://www.swtor.com)

Hence why everyone calls it SWTOR. Sorry. :(

Posted: Dec 19th 2008 8:59AM WSCopic said

Right...NO ONE wants to play a pilot, medic or engineer....except the many people that did just that in SWG and had a damned good time until they botched it all up and let anyone be a Jedi. That worked out really well, didn't it....

Not everyone wants to play a Jedi. To think so is ignorant of the Star Wars fan base.

Jedi and Sith are kind of boring...we know what most of their responses will be. Meh.

Give me a blaster and a good Wookiee sidekick anyday.

:D

Posted: Dec 19th 2008 10:07AM (Unverified) said

Does this website have any moderators?

I think I just read several kids here bashing each others ego creating drama. Time for some moderating perhaps? :((

Posted: Dec 19th 2008 11:54AM MrGutts said

It's a "game" guys, chill the hell out.

The hole argument about Light Saber not cutting trough everything is old. The same can be said if someone like myself at 6foot2 200+ lbs swings a 2 handed broadsword at your shoulder, what the hell is going to happen to your arm? Simple, you're going to be looking at your arm on the ground.

But do all GAMES do this? Hell no, because it's a freaking game..

The PA guys are just pissing and moaning because they have nothing better to do..

Posted: Dec 20th 2008 6:32PM claytondora said

While I can't wait for TOR to come out, Bioware is pulling a bit of crap with its hype. I've read multiple interviews and watched the video, all of them are inane bull shit. Its as if the Bioware execs devoted to feeding the press the most canned worthless information and images they can find without revealing any thing what-so-ever about the game. Combat system? economy? playable races? progression system? classes (other then jedi/sith)? Hell even they're much touted "story driven" system has been left completely in the dark, other then its going to be "totally utterly completely super awesome".

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM