Posted: Dec 16th 2008 7:13PM (Unverified) said

"So why didn't Moria win top spot, if it's really that good? There are a variety of reasons, but the simple fact is that more people play World of Warcraft."

??? That's bullshit. Teenage pregnancy is pretty popular, but it doesn't mean it's the best option.

More people play it? Come on... The amount of people that play it is not a way to prove quality. What about that band you like that very few people do, or that movie you watched that not a lot of people know about.

If you're going to award the best expansion to WoW, at least give us the real reasons (or the "variety" of reasons) as to why you thought it was a lesser expansion.

Posted: Dec 16th 2008 8:45PM Snorii said

Sorry, but I have to agree with Kraft here. "more people play" is a sorry answer.

Posted: Dec 16th 2008 11:18PM (Unverified) said

Mines of Moria is a great expansion, seriously. But would we have lined up for it outside stores at midnight, like tens of thousands of people did for Wrath of the Lich King?

Posted: Dec 17th 2008 12:31PM (Unverified) said

Lotro players were still enjoying lotro at midnight of the Moria release. :)

..and..you could buy a downloadable version from day one.

..and..is being lumped in with midnight expac shoppers a good thing? At that point one has to question their judgement and ability to judge a good expac from Crap In A Box.

I'm not beating on WoW really; LK is entertaining, what I have played of it. I like the changes and zones, but Moria takes you to a very different and awe-inspiring world. And the legendary system is a very welcome addition.

My real point is that popularity has little to do with quality and it's embarrassing to Massively's journalistic integrity that it was a criteria.

Posted: Dec 19th 2008 12:42PM Jesspiper said

"My real point is that popularity has little to do with quality and it's embarrassing to Massively's journalistic integrity that it was a criteria"

Sad but true. Major kick in the balls for LOTRO:MoM.

Posted: Dec 17th 2008 2:16PM Brendan Drain said

Every time I hear about LoTRO, I get the feeling I should definitely be playing that game. It looks awesome and the developers seem to know exactly what they're doing.

Posted: Dec 18th 2008 12:01PM (Unverified) said

You should give it a go, then! There's a free trial, last I looked.

Posted: Dec 19th 2008 9:42PM Caerin said

I was actually disappointed with Lich King; I'm a relatively casual player, and I resubscribed partly due to the hype. There was little for me there.