Posted: Dec 15th 2008 6:35PM (Unverified) said

Screenshot 9 could be seen as a poetic foreshadowing.

Personally, I was sick of the game after seeing Dell product placements after fifteen minutes of play, but that didn't stop me from giving it a fair shake. I just couldn't stand the game for its own merits.

I think a game like TR could only sustain my interest if I had more friends already invested in it. Kinda like having to deal with the obnoxious wife/girlfriend of a good friend you really enjoyed spending time with. Except this wife/girlfriend is so unpleasant that several of my friends would have to be completely infatuated with her in order for me to begrudgingly forgive her faults.

Posted: Dec 15th 2008 6:55PM (Unverified) said

Not a Unicorn head in sight. C'mon guys call this an epic TR screenshot collection?!

Posted: Dec 15th 2008 7:05PM (Unverified) said

Sigh... I won the TR soldier pack in Massively's birthday giveaway just a few days before it was announced to be closing and still haven't received anything. I guess you guys won't be sending them now?

Posted: Dec 16th 2008 2:28AM (Unverified) said

Good riddence.

Two down, 10 more to go in 2009.

Seriously though, Lord British had at least the decency to acknowledge TR was not a big success.

Other companies are calling themselves big successes while - in reality - they have even lesser gameplay than TR. AoC of course comes to mind, but War is the worst of the bunch.
WAR is selling now at 20 dollars retail or even less (selling at a retailers loss in Christmas season) and just playing it gives you a headache but still Mark Jacobs thinks it has the best POTENTIAL. Sickening really.

Coming back to Tabula Rasa and Hellgate. You DO realise these games die just a little over one year of existence ... and the BIG RED PENCIL of investors will be going over other MMORPG spreedsheet losses soon in these economic times.

PotBS, AoC will be next. Players be warned. Despite the efforts of complete websites to promote broken products (where players pay for Beta trials really)... this industry will have its biggest shake out ever in 2009 and I for one won't blink.

Posted: Dec 16th 2008 9:49AM WSCopic said

God, what a bunch of miserable people.

I, for one, will miss this game. It may not have been for you, but that is the way it goes.

I still can't believe that they are just pulling the plug all together, when so many other games are still around. There was a VERY dedicated player base in this game that got totally betrayed.

Not sure why you had to drag other games into the discussion about TR, but that seems to be the way it works these days.

Posted: Dec 16th 2008 10:25AM GRT said

Agreed. People who comment at Massively just love to hate on stuff.

TR was one of those games I'd always planned to go back to one of these days...

Posted: Dec 16th 2008 10:48AM wraith808 said

Totally agreed WrrLor. Why do people have to *hate* on games just because they don't like them? Like or Dislike, I don't care if any game sticks around, as long as there are people that play and enjoy them. They don't affect *my* enjoyment, so why should I want doom and gloom for something that someone else enjoys? I just don't understand...

Posted: Dec 22nd 2008 3:56PM (Unverified) said

I had fun and met some great people, I always do in any MMOG I play, but the game didn't have that 'sticky' quality you want in a game like that. I got to a stage where I just couldn't be bothered to go back anymore.

I don't hate it, it just lacked some things I need in a game. It's a shame it's gonna go to the block in the end. It had a very unique character and a good sense of humour, it ultimately though wasn't enough to keep me grinding.

I will actually go back and play for a bit when it goes free-to-play just to remember the fun parts and play with the stuff in the last patches that I spent so many fruitless months waiting for.

I really hope the 'end' is a great event, it deserves to be remembered fondly, even if it was a bit flawed.