Posted: Dec 11th 2008 8:11AM MrGutts said

• 1 heart
Nice read, but I always thought the WAR's devs gave info on a one way street. They say they are listening to the community, but how can they, they have none.

Do they have some special fan site they like to troll?

Do they have favorites towards any of those?

Why are they still trying to make players play a certain way? Do they understand this is why most left? Myself included..

and Why is Mark J. such a arrogant no it all prick when he talks to the new sources?

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 8:53AM WSCopic said

In game feedback, and they do browse the main community boards quite a bit, according to them.

I hate to tell you this, but you are among the small minority that wants a "play my way" game. More freedom is and will be very good for the game, but there needs to be some guidance.

Sounds like you just have a grudge to bear, regardless of what was said.

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 9:10AM MrGutts said

Yeah I think you are right about the grudge.

After making T4 within the first 4 weeks, and no ques for weeks in T4, being on a desolate server and wandering entire zones to see NOT ONE single player will do that I guess.

On top of that the pvp designed to be a HUGE god damn grind fest to get lvls and gear, worst than I have ever seen in any PVP game and if your not grinding your ass off to get those pvp levels and gear to keep up, then you are going to be someones road kill in the lakes and scens. But wait, you can't get reknown if no one is playing around your time or your server is not popular faction.

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 9:35PM (Unverified) said

Gutts:

You say they have no community, yet the devs post all the time on the major fansites. I've seen more feedback from the WAR dev on fansites than Blizz on their official sites. Maybe you just don't know where to look.

And WTF is with all the hate? Mark J. didn't even say ANYTHING in this article and you're calling him out. All you're doing is make yourself look like a biased *****.

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 12:05PM Valdur said

I have lost all hopes for that game after reading this article... :(

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 5:56PM (Unverified) said

Wow! After seeing this in action briefly, I have to confess.. I didn't think Mythic could mess it up to this degree... I was wrong. This isn't a choice between a Ferrari or a Ford.. it's a choice of a Pinto vs an Edsel. I have never, in all my days, seen a company that is so active at avoiding subscribers. IMO, this is on par with the UO lawsuit. My account is definitely cancelled, and I doubt I'll ever buy an EA product again.. the last good one I saw was "Bard's Tale" for the C64

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 5:56PM (Unverified) said

So you hate the game because you leveld faster than most then complain theres no one around in your tier? GG thats all I can say.

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 9:29PM (Unverified) said

it's retarded how some people just hate on these patch notes without giving any criticism. Why do you think this new patch messes things up? How the hell is mythic avoiding subscribers?

All you do is just b**** and moan.

Posted: Dec 12th 2008 12:53AM (Unverified) said

I find it hard to believe that people could just jump to conclusions right off the bat because they had a bad experience with the game when it was either first released or after a patch.

It is a MMO it changes and evolves faster than other games (although I would have thought WoW might have changed something to help in PvP by now, WotLK is a joke).

I played when this patch came on and their was a significant difference, EVERYONE was in ORvR and it was great. I checked through all the tiers (1-4) on my Med Order and Med Destruction server and every ORvR lake became a massive battle and in almost every pairing.

It was a great feeling to know you are in a fight involving 2 full warbands (48) and a few scattered parties trying to assault a keep being defended by maybe 30 or more destruction characters. When you finally succeed then to continue on defending your prize or help in the fight elsewhere.

For those I talked with about these changes they felt good about playing ORvR with rewards and seeing the other team to come out and fight. The only people who didn't like it were the ones who had addons because the patch removed them.

So I must question Valdur and Hangten what the heck are you smoking or are you just huge WoW fans that can't get a grip on reality that we have lives and so can not spend as much time in WoW to get gear (or walk back to our bodies) and be successful in its failure of a PvP system.

Posted: Dec 12th 2008 7:36AM (Unverified) said

EA's poor timing with release to try and get the most payout before the launch of WOWs new expansion is the reason WAR has had a terrible launch.

The game has released way too early and has lost a huge chunk of its player base.

Paid beta. Game is boring as **** and broken. Cannot support large scale epic siege pvp, servers go down and zones get reset.

Posted: Dec 15th 2008 11:21AM (Unverified) said

I guess you haven't played in the last 2-3 months. This game is rocking and every patch it gets even more fun. This past weekend was one of the most fun weekends for the game!