Posted: Dec 11th 2008 1:51PM Mr Angry said

I think this game is a lot further along towards completion than people might think, I'm thinking Q3/Q4 next year.

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 2:06PM (Unverified) said

Agreed,
There was a rumor or perhaps a statement of that sort made after the announcement of the game. I cannot recall who said it. It said that they had been working on the game for atleast a couple of years before the announcement.

In anycase this game will be massive in scope and since bioware has a fine rep. game wise I have nothing but excitement building for this.

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 2:26PM (Unverified) said

Ja.

It just seems like there's so much PR stuff in such a rapid flurry for something that's more then 1 year out.

I just hope it's done right. Bioware being awesome + EA's hurried release tactics = average launch? I hope not. The genre can't handle another.

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 2:49PM Samael said

Yes BioWare has an awesome rep, and I haev every faith in them. EA are a bunch of idiots, they like their quick bucks and completely destroy games. I hope BioWare can get away from EA's clutches. I cannot wait for more information, depending on what they do with the whole business structure it would mean the difference of me playing or not playing. Regardless I can't wait for the game to come out.

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 4:16PM Arashikou said

My biggest worry is that this MMO is getting a lot of airplay here on Massively, and historically, MMOs that got a lot of attention and excitement here pre-launch have not done well post-launch, probably because of overinflated expectations of the game by players. (With notable exceptions, of course.)

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 4:39PM Temko said

I was getting pretty exited about this game before 2 things became clear

- Gear is the epitome of your carreer (ala WoW)
- Micropayment...

those two killed off all my interested. i might take a peak at a mate's account or a trail... but i wont be getting myself in a wet-dream over it...

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 8:47PM (Unverified) said

Shacknews is reporting that Bioware has clarified Ricitello's initial statement, saying that Ricitello was confused and that payment plans have not been decided upon or announced.

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 5:58PM TheJackman said

Finally now they are talking for real. In game is what I wanna see before I want to buy any game including mmos!

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 8:38PM BaronJuJu said

Well, since they are going RMT, this will probably be a "pay-per-view" event. You know, to get their future customers used to their payment model. :)

Posted: Dec 12th 2008 1:46AM RogueJedi86 said

I know not to expect as much early on, but I'd like to see the User Interface too. The graphics may look good, but if the UI is horrible, it won't get a lot of play. Granted, even if they're only 6 months from launch, the UI could still change a lot. I just want to see the UI, the literal bridge between the player's keyboard and the game's world/galaxy.

Posted: Dec 12th 2008 3:04PM Haplo8 said

Should update this post...the footage is up!