Posted: Dec 11th 2008 12:05AM (Unverified) said

This sound fun, but a bit of it is free (IRl currency) with the Barber shops.

What I want is a Race Change, my Draenei Paladin looks really weird compared to Humans, although, I really just want my Paladin to be a Dwarf!

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 2:20AM Anatidae said

Bah, should be $5. But, what a steal for Blizzard. They are going to be rich. Oh wait... I suppose they are.

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 6:33AM (Unverified) said

other mmos like EQ2 dont charge you RL cash to change your skin color and/or face

I'm glad Blizzard offers the option

but its disappointing that Blizzard is charging for this when other mmos let you do most of these feature (except gender change) without charging RL cash

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 11:06AM Rollins said

Blizzard can do that, though, because being able to change your skin color and such for free in EQ2 doesn't let you change your skin color in WoW.

It's not a directly competing service in that regard; only Blizzard can change your WoW character. And being the biggest MMO on the market, they can charge what they like.

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 7:46AM (Unverified) said

Ninja looters of the world rejoice!

This may have some serious consequences....

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 9:16AM Meurik said

Not live for EU customers as of yet. No option visible in the account management pages.

I'd rather change race of my character instead of skin color or gender :P

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 10:51AM (Unverified) said

Remember when people were pissed over a gay pride parade or something in CoH a couple years ago? The religious right is REALLY gonna go crazy with this WoW sex change mumbo jumbo!

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 11:48AM (Unverified) said

i get practically all this for free in LOTRO.

What's with companies squeezing every little drop in the bucket that they can get these days? I'm sure WoW is making enough money as it is.

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 4:53PM (Unverified) said

You can change gender and entire appearance in LotRO? How? (no sarcasm, I really didn't know that)

I suppose the price is okay, I can only imagine what the server side nonsense that goes into this kind of thing is. I'd probably say I'm more upset over what Blizzard is doing to both of their other franchises. At least this doesn't affect anything other than what you look like.