Posted: Dec 10th 2008 9:53AM (Unverified) said

Is it just me or does Ghostcrawler seem to take pleasure in nerfing classes and delivering the bad news? That's just the impression I get from the tone of his posts.

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 11:10AM Rollins said

Wouldn't you?

It has to take a sick personality to enjoy being a WoW forum moderator.

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 11:11AM Rollins said

Rather, to be a WoW developer who's willing to brave the unwashed masses and post on the boards. :)

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 7:04PM (Unverified) said

Or maybe that's his job, to be the bearer of bad news. Sounds like the idea was to have one person be the lightning rod for all the griping.

But did people read where Growl is going to generate more threat (as well as the Warlock Voidwalker)? Less damage, but more finesse. Hmm, maybe it's not quite as bad as people are making it.

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 11:20AM (Unverified) said

They'll wail and moan and threaten, but very few will actually quit. It's not like they remember how to do anything else with their free time.

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 12:12PM (Unverified) said

Just glad I started leveling my shammie after the expansion instead of my huntard. Then again hunters have topped the dps charts in about every single raid report i have seen since wotlk came out. I mean they ARE supposed to be high dps, but less armored and bepetted dps should have a edge. Anyone else think its funny the OP mentioned warlocks as powerful? Their now one of the most gimped down classes you can play!

Posted: Dec 12th 2008 2:29AM (Unverified) said

Sure we're armored and have pets, but in a raid, we're identical to a clothie. Our armor does jack, and our pet is actually a penalty because it's built into our DPS balance and requires extra micromanagement. That's the problem that Blizzard has always had balancing hunters. They can't give us adequate damage in PvE without making us overpowered in PvP.

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 1:07PM (Unverified) said

Sigh...my main was hunter. That just gives me one more reason to stay away from WoW for awhile, haha. Still, it was inevitable. I'm a huge fan of the class, but it was clearly overpowered.

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 2:18PM (Unverified) said

GC is not a Community Manager, he's one of the more experienced game systems designers.

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 2:10PM (Unverified) said

This is why I quit playing WoW a few years ago. About the 3rd 'reworking' of my hunter I decided that Blizzard just will not leave the classes alone. I honestly think all the tweaking they do to classes is just a way to make people raid for a new set of gear to compensate for what they have lost in the "reworking"

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 3:18PM wjowski said

If that sort of thing honestly bothers you so much you'd be best advised to just give up MMOS altogether, because 'class revamps' are very much an industry standard.

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 2:21PM (Unverified) said

WoW most definitely makes it known which part of the game it favors. End game raiding - it should be World of Raidcraft. Raiding and arena grinding - Blizzard most definitely doesn't care about the PvP aspect of the game many people enjoy.

I love hunters but until they're OP in PvP as well as PvE . . . sorry nerf Pallys. Oh but we need them in raids - can't do that!

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 5:12PM (Unverified) said

Ret pallys have only been OP in PvP since 3.0, hunters where since before BC.

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 2:51PM (Unverified) said

Ha, this news makes me happy because my WoWtard friend plays a hunter.

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 4:01PM Anatidae said

I am so upset I am going to subscribe to WoW, create a hunter, delete him and then cancel. That will show Ghosthunter to balance his game.

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 4:59PM (Unverified) said

Oh man, that picture is hilarious. A++ on that choice

Posted: Dec 11th 2008 3:13AM (Unverified) said

@11

"OP in a raid? Isn't that the point of dps? Aren't you suppose to out dps the majority of classes? Oh what mages, and locks are gimped? Hardly."

Play Mage much?

I'm your average Mage, sat with about 240hit, 1600spell dmg and ~20% crit - fairly decent blues and several epics from heroics/badge vendor. I'm currently using the FOTM Frostfire spec after finally admitting that deep frost is just too gimped now.

I accept my gear could be better but when Warlocks and Hunters with equivalent gear can out-DPS myself and several other mages I know (and by a decent amount) you have to start asking questions.

Mages are supposed to be the glass cannons.

At the moment its all glass and no cannon tbh.

...and keep your L2P comments to yourself tbh.