Posted: Dec 10th 2008 1:07AM (Unverified) said

We'll see how this goes. I'm not really mad about it yet because I don't believe they'll try to use this to sell adventuring gear - I think it's more of an attempt to capture more of the revenue that is created by LoN - with appearance items, house pets, small custom fluff that some people may want. If it takes RMT to give people those options, it's not bad. If they try to use this to shoehorn RMT for real gear and spells, etc then I will be really mad.

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 1:37AM Mr Angry said

I agree in principle, my problem is that these are offered at a premium, when players have already paid for a service and content updates? Why can't these seemingly fluff items be supplied in line with the existing rules, and what determines what armor asset or cool graphic has been removed from the core game because some exec at SOE applies a monetary value to it, which means regular subscribers miss out.

It's not just fluff item for sale, it's assets developed for the core game which have been farmed out to sell, the only one that loses is the player here.

Also did you know in EQ for station cash, you can already buy level appropriate armor? Seems a slippery slope, but SOE are determined to push the envelope at this early stage :)

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 3:49AM Pigeonko said

I was ticked off at first - I almost immediately canceled my account, but I'm going to see what happens. I like the game - but SOE, geez, are you trying to look awful?! I've also heard rumors that other MMOs [not of SOE's] will do this soon, too.

Hopefully it only is appearance/fluff stuff and XP potions instead of "sword of uberness" - if the latter ever happens, I'm off.

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 9:53AM (Unverified) said

SoE not only lost my EQ2 accounts , ain't no way in hell I'll ever sign up for another of their games .
Its been bait and switch from day one.

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 12:42PM (Unverified) said

Maybe take a step back and look closely at this.

Is it a omg NGE for EQ2. No it isn't. It adds a few fluff and convenience items to the game without affecting the game mechanics. No different then LoN does currently.

Is SOE the only company adding RMT to it's game, no. CoH has already had RMT added and does anyone remember the story a couple months back about someone finding buttons in the new WoW UI download that were assumed to mean RMT was coming? When Blizzard developers were pressed on the issue they just said they were considering it.

Does SOE deserve to be able to make a profit for the games they produce and the service they provide, of course. Everyone is tightening their belts and looking at ways to improve revenue during the current financial crunch.

If you choose to not buy the items being made available does it change your gameplay experience? No.

Is buying the items in game any different then going out and buying a magazine with a code in it for a house item, or getting the official game guide that has XP boost item codes in them (ie WAR game guide and atlas), no.

Will it keep your subscription fees from increasing. Perhaps.

Posted: Dec 10th 2008 4:22PM (Unverified) said

Sure it might just be fluff items now...the problem with SOE is they don't know when to stop. Eventually they will start selling better gear and the best geared people on the server will be the ones willing to fork over the most money to Smed.

Posted: Jan 7th 2009 4:52AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Dear Americans, and America!

I passed this way, so I do not want to steal as a thief, I decided to have the report and to greet you.

I am Stephen, coming from Croatia, I have a few business
so if you mude interested can contact me at stjepantkc6@gmail.com
Thank you, greeting and peace in your hearts!

Posted: Feb 7th 2009 1:32AM (Unverified) said

My only question is, why aren't they making it more profitable than actual RMT?! Seriously, you look at the prices and for 20$ you can twink the shiz out of a toon and have some fun, with this piece of crap you can buy 8 hours of bonus XP... which in EQ, is pretty stupid since hotzones already have so much more bonus xp.

I just don't get the strategy behind that... Ok orders are passed, we'll try to get the most desperate person or anyone who likes "new stuff" to pay us a second month to get shitty items... it'll work, cause our player-base is dumb right?! Well I'm sorry Mr. Smeds, but your player-base is probably the most mature and probably won't give a damn about your new marketplace other than dissent.

SOE is dead and has died since the EQ started having too many 30$ "expansions" with so little content.... Oh that and EQ2's failed launch, Vanguard's miserable launch and so on. They live off of undead projects that will never see the light again, no matter what. Oh wait no nevermind, bring the freaking BASICS back, Progression server that locks at PoP or hell just a simple EQ Classic PVP server! Pre-CU/Pre-NGE SWG! People don't want your new crap, people want your OLD crap, what was GOOD! What got us into this huge game of MMORPGs!