Posted: Dec 8th 2008 9:57AM (Unverified) said

I'm getting increasingly excited about this game, and it's the first time i've actually been interested in the lore of an MMO. With wow, war, eve, TR etc it's always been abit of a bore and, for me personally, played a very small part in the overall experience of the game.

However, whether you're a hardcore Trekkie or an occasional watcher of the series, you will more than likely be aware of the races and their contribution to the star trek world. Hopefully this will lead to a more immersive and exciting feel to the game.

Posted: Dec 8th 2008 11:10AM (Unverified) said

I agree, but is it just me, or does this game look a bit too cartoonish?

It seems like Cryptic is having a hard time pulling themselves out of that Marvel universe of comics. And I was hoping for something slightly more realistic. Not just Star Trek: The Animated Series 2: The MMO

Posted: Dec 8th 2008 11:23AM (Unverified) said

I dunno guys, I think it's kind of a strech to call these visuals "cartoonish". I'd say Cryptic is straddling a middle-ground with the newest batch of screens and I really have to admit I like where the visuals are going.

"Realistic" graphics age very rapidly, and then they're not technically realistic once they have. I'm fine with the way the game looks. I'm more concerned with how it plays.

Posted: Dec 8th 2008 11:31AM (Unverified) said

Well yea. I didn't mean I wanted AoCish brown graphics.

But, I just find the bioware/blizzard/mythic kind of graphics a bit more, lets say 3d...

Its hard to put my finger on it, and it might just be personal preferrence. But it looks a bit too "dim" or "pale".

I hope you're right though, and that it will improve ahead of launch. I just don't feel that one single screenshot of the spaceship in the hangar is enough to judge from. I'm more thinking of scenery, and the player controlled models.

Posted: Dec 9th 2008 2:46PM ultimateq said

I would agree with Kyle. Its not quite cartoony but it isn't washed-out realistic.

I enjoy the brighter colors and lack of crazy filters.

Posted: Dec 8th 2008 12:12PM (Unverified) said

Hmmm.... The article itself sounds like a lot of things that have happened in Star Trek Novels, but they were not in 2382... I think most of that stuff takes place in the late 2370s. But it is nice to seem them using lore from the novels.

Make My MMO: September 14 - 20, 2014

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 6:00PM

Perfect Ten: Terrible, terrible MMO names

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 3:00PM

The Stream Team: Anchors aweigh in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM