Posted: Dec 7th 2008 10:44AM Boruk said

All servers were fixed early in the morning. Everything is back online at the moment, including my Brandywine server.

Things like this happen when you have so many people online on a server...especially with all the new people coming to the game recently.

Posted: Dec 7th 2008 11:23AM Jesspiper said

Crazy, I was playing all saturday night and didn't notice a thing. I've been around for some pretty nad Turbine server issues in the past though, and the cool thing about the company is they often give you free stuff in recompense for prolonged unscheduled downtimes. Like a free day of play and/or hope candles. It's not much, but it says right in the EULA they don't have to do a damn thing so it's kinda cool.

Posted: Dec 7th 2008 12:14PM (Unverified) said

Yeah i think they actually got more people for Mines of Moria than they expected. Got complacent with the server loads from the last half of the year.

Posted: Dec 7th 2008 1:18PM (Unverified) said

No problems in europe!

Posted: Dec 7th 2008 1:44PM (Unverified) said

Yep, I was in southern Bree on Brandywine last night and got stuck in place. There was a wolf about 3 yards away from me head over to attack me, but thankfully it was also stuck in place. Hehe. Hopefully these server problems don't become a regular occurrence. This is the first time I've experienced a problem like this since I started playing about a month ago.

I've got to say though, it's really nice to play a game where the world is filled with people, even in the starting areas (unlike WAR's barren wasteland), and even before the expansion was released.

Posted: Dec 7th 2008 4:35PM (Unverified) said

dev quotes from the official forums that were humourous:

"We believe this may all have been caused by a turf war between the full time Chinchilla's and some outsource Ferrets who were denied permanent positions.

Who knew Ferrets were so vindictive?"

and...

"We have found all the NPCs and told them the smoke break is over. They're now back to work. Enjoy!"