Posted: Dec 5th 2008 1:32PM (Unverified) said

I think this is a great idea. I have to admit, my previous corp was on the defensive quite a bit, and warping in to help defend, I was usually dead before I could start moving to my first sniper location. This will help both sides have a much more enjoyable time in the game.

Posted: Dec 6th 2008 9:42AM (Unverified) said

its a good idea. but they should have made it so, that you dont enter a concrete system but a constelation or even a region.

this way the players would still have the tactical freedom to choose the battle field.

Posted: Dec 6th 2008 10:58AM (Unverified) said

Merkur,

The way it should work is that it's no different from EVE's normal gameplay, in other words players won't be logging in to a separate PvP server. What happens after the server request would be transparent to the players -- basically, behind the scenes CCP would divert additional resources/servers to the given solar system(s) that they've been notified will be contested.

It's not an ideal solution for the lag, but it's an option they've made available to the players.

Posted: Dec 6th 2008 11:04AM (Unverified) said

I didn't log in to the Fleet Notification page since I'm neither a CEO or Director, but you mentioned if players can specify a wide area or if it's more concrete. I can't confirm how the system works right now as I don't have access myself.

For any readers who've tried this, can you specify a region or several systems, or do they limit you to one solar system?

Posted: Dec 6th 2008 7:38PM (Unverified) said

Egdan, you misunderstood me - of course there is no extra pvp server! its eve! single shard ftw!

and yes you need to specify a single solar system on the fleet Notification page. you cant add a constelation or a region, just a single solar system - tho you have a comment field where you can state additional systems

Posted: Dec 6th 2008 7:46PM (Unverified) said

Merkur, sorry about that. Wasn't sure how familiar you are with the game, hence my two responses. (A fair number of our readers check out the EVE articles but don't play, so just wanted to be clear. No offense intended, of course.) I definitely agree single shard does make for an interesting setting.

Thanks for the info about the limitations on the Fleet Notification system.

Posted: Dec 8th 2008 4:56AM (Unverified) said

I dont like it... all that needs to happen is for the ceo's to chat and force us into their games...

i like the idea of going into a region or jump ito an area designed for PvP... the warp in can be strethced for those who arrive early and have timers to prepare for battle.

this could lead to an odds system where people can grudge match, fight similar skill points or even honest WAR...

I do not like the idea of CEOs actually setting a time for engagement... it takes the set up or surprise out of the game.. sometimes PvP is a gate camp some times its impromptu... and sometimes it is in a whole system... booking a fight... pfft next it will be telecast
yes I understand the Load on the node... but I do not like the idea of booking a fight

Posted: Dec 8th 2008 8:19AM (Unverified) said

Thats the most idiotic thing I've heard... A seperate PVP system? have you PLAYED eve? How would you do a POS take down or defense? common now this is one of the best solutions for the lag issue IMHO.