Posted: Dec 4th 2008 2:38PM Idle said

The other day, when they released the new tanking classes to the folks who completed the Heavy Metal event, I created a Knight and logged in to the starting zone. It was rather fantastic.

As far as the eye could see, tanks! Hundreds and hundreds of tanks. I then joined the scenario queue and got into Kaine's Embrace. It was a full tank on tank battle. At one point, both sides were trying to take a flag and it turned into a fifteen minute melee with no clear winner.

Good times and certainly hilarious.

Posted: Dec 4th 2008 4:37PM (Unverified) said

Hehe, my guild is running lowbie whitelions just to hunt blackguards

Posted: Dec 4th 2008 6:21PM TheJackman said

Sounds like the same that happened in WoW 10000s of Death Knights! BG's with 10 or more Death Knights are a pain. Look like the same happened to Warhammer lucky that WoW next to PVP (what is pretty lame compar to Warhammer) also has pve (what is more my bag baby!).

Posted: Dec 4th 2008 4:21PM (Unverified) said

These patch notes look really great...

lots and lots of little tweaks and fixes

This game is really on track, I'm having great fun.

I think for technical issues the only serious outstanding ones are -
zone locking feedback, status being more transparent to everyone (ie what is helping and what is hurting)

fortress (and city?) crashes - this hasn't been acknowledged but general forum lore is that this occurs very frequently and people are gunshy of doing all the work to get to fortresses if its going to crash and reset all the zones....

performance with multiwarband fights - but we had serious drawing issues with big encounters. if you were fighting 30+ players on the other side frequently only 5-10 would be drawn and then suddenly after you died the rest would draw :P I think the recent hotfixes (12/02 drawfix) have been addressing this but the fights in my realm haven't been large enough to test

need more server collapses- my server has lots of whiners/carebears that qq'ed and logged, -good riddance- but need to get better pop density for the remaining players

Posted: Dec 4th 2008 4:45PM Arashikou said

This is just being announced? These were added to the game already in patch 1.0.6. Those who completed the Heavy Metal event have them right now, and the rest of the players are supposed to get them next week. I'm not sure why the 1.1 patch notes re-list them, unless they expect 1.1's release to coincide with the general availability of the tanks.

Posted: Dec 4th 2008 5:15PM (Unverified) said

That's exactly why - 1.1 will be the release of the new classes, as well as the item and mod improvment

... still no sever stability they can actual pinpoint though.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM