Posted: Dec 3rd 2008 4:33PM wjowski said

They could start by upping base Stamina regeneration to the level of, oh, say, Warhammer Online's Action Point system.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2008 4:37PM Killing Chronos said

Yeah I'd be fine with that as long as they up the end-draining effect of my brute's electric attacks equally so he's still useful in duals.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2008 4:42PM Haggs said

2009 is looking to be a good year for CoH. We're getting the mission architect right away and all the devs who aren't working on that will be working hard on Issue 15 which has been said to be heavy on story. It's an exciting time to be playing this game.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2008 4:52PM (Unverified) said

It's going to take A LOT of great features to retain/aquire (niche) players for them this year. Two new Super Hero MMOs coming out. And this is a 5 year old game.

Still they could blow us out of the water. I'm just uttrly dissappointed in 2008 for CoH. Two issues, one of which gave me nothing really exciting.

I'll say this:
CO, at launch, will have thee number one most requested feature - Power Custimization. Additionally, once CO launches, the "best character creator in MMO" line is no longer valid. CoH has a tough road in '09.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2008 6:28PM johnnic1235 said

"Issue 15 will be centered around the Fifth... Anniversary of City of Heroes."

I find it funny that on the Cox boards everyone focuses on the Fifth Column reference, but overlooks the more sly reference to the Center, the successor organization to the Fifth. Center around the Fifth? An indication of conflict? A foreshadowing of the Center's victory?

Whatever it is, it had better be good - I15 is coming at a critical time, competition-wise.

Posted: Dec 4th 2008 3:52AM Sam not Spam said

Looking at everything they had lined up originally? i13 was supposed to be quite awesome. Mission Architect, Day Jobs, more content, Mac-version, etc. Its still a good update, but its not the home-run it could've been.

Posted: Dec 4th 2008 11:53AM (Unverified) said

the only thing missing is architect, which was only gonna be a basic system that they would improve later. Now we're gonna get the complete system with everything we want in just a few months. I13 and 14 are mostly just the quality of life stuff people have wanted for the last few years. After this the next few issues are gonna be very story heavy.

And with all the new people they hired I have to wonder if there isn't a possible graphical revamp somewhere in the pipeline? Or at the very least power customization which they always said would be massively labor intensive. With modern graphics this game would easily hold it's own against DCUO and Champions.

Posted: Dec 4th 2008 12:14PM Sam not Spam said

I'd say they'd be better off trying to find a way to lower the current system requirements than making them prettier. If they could get COH to run decently on its old requirements? That would be great. I know people who get worried about not being able to play anymore because the hardware requirement keeps going up.

Posted: Dec 18th 2008 2:29AM starka1 said

A game that old should be running at 60fps at all times except large raids. This game started off with minimum specs of basically a Geforce 2 so why even today with a dual core Athlon 4400, 2Gb of RAM and a 7950 GTX, I only hit that butter smooth 60fps when no one is around is beyond me. The update to graphics when they released CoV weren't that earth-shattering.

On the content side, I am glad I did not renew for Issue 13. I played the free weekend and in just that 2 days I grew bored quickly. CoX just has not kept with my expectations when it comes to their updates. Looking at their official subscription numbers released within the last month, I'm definitely not the only one who feels that way.

Step up your game NCSoft and do it quickly because your window of opportunity is about to disappear.