Posted: Dec 3rd 2008 10:27AM Crsh said

I used to play CoH back in 2005, good to see they're still around and kicking.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2008 11:08AM (Unverified) said

I played COH for 3 years, and I13 was the nail in the coffin for me. After 3 years of gameplay, countless QoL additions, costumes, loot, and a well created economic system… I’m still fighting the same NPCs I have been for years. I had lots of high hopes for CoH after Issue 10, when the revamped and incredible Rikti War Zone was added. Content wise, it was the best issue. Since then though there’s been a falling off. Content has been wedged in, rather then given the focus it needs. In order to offer more QoL and powersets. Some of the features in I13 are just horribly uninviting. They add to >not< playing the game. So, I get shiney’s while not playing the old content I’ve been through thousands of times.

I’m hoping that the Mission Architect in I14 will really wow me. But, given NCSoft’s deceitfulness towards their community, it’s going to have to REALLY wow me to justify ever paying for their games again.

Also, the microtranactions and in-game advertising, while not intrusive, to me gives reason we should be seeing far far far more for our money, when it seems like we’re getting the same amount of content, if not less.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2008 12:30PM (Unverified) said

Your very last point is a strong one. For all these add-on packs or character slot or namechange microtransactions, you'd think there'd be a whole lot more development going on. It still bothers me that while the end-game is fairly broad these days (Between Ouroboros, Rikti Warzone, Cimerora and all the 35+ task forces), there's still only two lame starting zones for heroes, and one for villains. For a game that really does promote making multiple characters, we need a lot more 1-15 level content. And I don't see any of that on the horizon for the next half-year.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2008 12:53PM Sam not Spam said

I'm very pleased with i13 as it is. Granted, I had hoped for the original, non-split i13 (this update plus the Mission Architect), but such is life. I trust NCSoft and NCNC a LOT more than I did Cryptic and Jack.

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014