Posted: Dec 1st 2008 5:30PM (Unverified) said

Thats 4 whole expansions, not 3. "Rise of the Zilart" is also an expantion event though it was release before the game retailed in US (and therefor was included in the original game package). For EU users such as me (though I imported the game from overseas to avoid this) the 2nd expansion was released with the original retail box aswell due to the same reasons.

About the game: Best game you will ever buy if you take your time to play it properly and enjoy it with friends. Hands down best mmo out there, if you look at its graphics from the norm at the time of the game's making.

Posted: Dec 1st 2008 5:34PM mandarin said

Lets just say this game is can be summed up in 2 words. Group Grind.
If you like killing and the same thing over and over again with people, yeah this is the game for you.

Posted: Dec 1st 2008 5:47PM Coldbrand said

Mandarin why the Hell are you even on a website dedicated to MMOs if that's your attitude?

Please oh Messiah, show us this magical MMO free of all grinding.

Posted: Dec 1st 2008 5:50PM Rollins said

To be fair to mandarin, FFXI is generally acknowledged as having one of the worst grinds of any modern MMO. Not to mention that the grind is compounded by the need to be in a group almost all of the time.

Posted: Dec 1st 2008 5:59PM (Unverified) said

Does this come with a free month? If not, you might be better off with the starter pack which comes with the original game (and the first expansion?) and a free month for $1.99.

Frankly, I think a better deal is Guild Wars or its expansion for $4.95 at Amazon.

Posted: Dec 1st 2008 6:28PM Coldbrand said

How about you keep track of what's going on with FFXI instead? Level rates have drastically changed, several alternatives have arised, and level sync changed everything.

Anyways, FFXI is just right, unlike the tortorous Korean MMOs and the babymode World of Warcraft shit that wipes your ass for you.

Posted: Dec 1st 2008 6:29PM (Unverified) said

Tried it, but after killing 1000 crabs I´d quit...

Posted: Dec 1st 2008 7:16PM (Unverified) said

Coldbrand, why do you come to a site dedicated to ALL MMOs when it's apparent you only like FFXI?

Posted: Dec 1st 2008 9:48PM wiachy said

Wow a great deal. I have Christmas break coming (5 weeks of nothing) and this deal came at the right time. I'm a grinder, and if this is very group grinding friendly game, then i will be playing this a lot.

Thanks for the heads up Massively!

Posted: Dec 2nd 2008 12:38PM (Unverified) said

It is happy to see your posting. Yes really informative article. I will tell this information again to my friend, oh yes I suggest you to check my blog on Final Fantasy 7 , I hope the article on my blog will be usefull for you… and we can share each other. thank you… ;-)

Posted: Dec 2nd 2008 12:39PM (Unverified) said

It is happy to see your posting. Yes really informative article. I will tell this information again to my friend, oh yes I suggest you to check my blog on http://top-finalfantasy.blogspot.com/ , I hope the article on my blog will be usefull for you… and we can share each other. thank you… ;-)

Posted: Dec 2nd 2008 2:11PM (Unverified) said

I played FFXI for 5 years. I'm proud of myself for finally quitting just this month. The game was wonderful in it's day, but after dealing with ineffectual GMs, woefully absent quest help, a company who puts profits before people, and the frustration of never being able to get proper end-game gear (you try beating out several hundred people for the same chance at a .01 drop rate for four years and see how you feel), it finally came to the point where not even friends could keep me paying. In the end it is nothing but a beautiful chat room. Because that's all you'll be doing.

MMO Week in Review: ArcheAge has arrived

Posted on Sep 14th 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: Has the industry revamp worked?

Posted on Sep 14th 2014 6:00PM