Posted: Nov 28th 2008 2:58PM (Unverified) said

I know I would enjoy some of those bargains. Over time I've played with some regularity 4 MMOs now, and tried some other 4 or so, and there sure are still a few titles I would like to try out.

The trials already provide good coverage if one wants to try an mmo for a short period of time though, so i don't know how interested would the companies be to do something like these.

Posted: Nov 28th 2008 10:19AM (Unverified) said

I probably would. Say thirty dollars for Lotro+expansion and the opportunity to get Founder's pricing on the lifetime sub would get me to try it out. Generally, perhaps a discount on a "battle chest" type compilation with an extra free month would entice me to try an MMO I was otherwise interested in.

Posted: Nov 28th 2008 11:46AM jardude said

It's 29.99 at gamestop and on amzaon.com. That includes the original plus the expansion. Great game you should pick it up.

Posted: Nov 28th 2008 12:08PM Mr Angry said

Seriously dude press the button! I did recently and am having a blast :)

Posted: Nov 28th 2008 11:10PM JohnD212 said

Probably not...I already play enough of them...but its really not the retail price of the game that makes me want to play. I have to consider the time it would take to get into it and also the monthly charge.

I think those sales for MMO games really only persuade the very casual buyer who isn't really into them at this point.

Posted: Nov 28th 2008 11:32AM (Unverified) said

nah, most games have a free trial already if I really want to try it

I'll never buy an MMO in the dark, I've played too many to risk my money like that

Posted: Nov 29th 2008 11:27AM (Unverified) said

Well, I picked up WAR off of Amazon for $20 (plus $5 shipping). I've been eyeing the game, and half off was too much to pass up - so I guess a Black Friday deal dead get me to try a MMO!

Posted: Nov 29th 2008 1:20PM (Unverified) said

Well I couldn't resist gogamer.com's deal on LOTRO special edition for get this... $2.90! If any of you are at all interested in this game:

Get in while stock remains.

The Daily Grind: Do you suck at MMOs?

Posted on Jul 25th 2014 8:00AM