Posted: Nov 25th 2008 2:01PM wjowski said

Commendable. A developer who's willing to let his game stand on it's own merits and not obsess over World of Warcraft.

Posted: Nov 25th 2008 2:06PM (Unverified) said

All the media politics are crazy for this genre now. It's gotten really bad over the last year. I'm sure some WoW fanboi will be in shortly to prove how he should worry.

The thing I don't understand is (that other then AoC who basically had to suck up and show how their playerbase deserted them) every developer is coming out and saying "Nope, we weren't effected by the release of "

So, what? All these games are pulling all new subs? Bull.

Posted: Nov 25th 2008 2:41PM Boruk said

It's the same attitude with the player base. If you get in the game and play for awhile, you'll see why there are constatly new people joining up to play everyday amd saying "How did I miss this games launch?"

Posted: Nov 25th 2008 2:44PM Jesspiper said

Mythic's Mark Jacobs could learn a thing or two from Jefferey Steefel. Where Steefel doesn't care about WoW, it seems Jacobs is damn near obsessed with it and has become a mix of a public relations joke-nightmare. I much prefer the attitude of ignoring WoW as opposed to taking it head on.
and JP, while you would normally be correct, when expansions come out games do get new subscribers because the marketing for goes through the roof for a short period of time.

Posted: Nov 25th 2008 5:05PM TheJackman said

Age of Conan or Warhammer Online where PVP games and LOTR online pass for a pve game with some pvp in it.

I do think LOTR beat both Age of Conan and Warhammer in the pve thing!

They do not have to fear WoW like there is always that people left that are big fans of LOTR and keep buying the 4 books they have all ready over and over. When every a new paperbag or hardcover get release. Keep buying that DVD sets they already own and still complaining about the missing parts in it.

And now with this game they can live and be a hero in the world they love noting wrong with that.

And I am pretty sure the world of Warcraft does not make them jump. Everyone got there own thing and its good to see other games on the market.

Posted: Nov 25th 2008 6:46PM dogmaticatheist said

Well, I much prefer LOTRO over WoW, if that means anything. Much more depth.

Posted: Nov 25th 2008 10:49PM (Unverified) said

I've only been playing LotRO for a few weeks, but it really is a well crafted game. I really like the focus on PvE and having a central narrative to the game that starts at level 1 and goes the whole way to the expansion and beyond. I'm not aware of any other game that has done that. Cetrainly WoW and WAR haven't. If you crave PvP, then LotRO probably isn't the game for you, but it really does get the PvE part right -- moreso than any other MMORPG I've played to date.

Posted: Nov 26th 2008 10:54AM Blue Kae said

WoW and LoTRO are both well-made games and they both do excellent PVE. The real difference between the two is the community that has developed around each game.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014