Posted: Nov 24th 2008 11:43AM (Unverified) said

The more LOTRO develops, the more interested in it I get. It just seems to be the peak of lore-based, pve-centric MMO gaming. If they added mount combat, I'd reactivate in an instant.

I can see it now...WAR fulfilling my PvP fix, LOTRO my PvE fix...now there's a perfect world.

Posted: Nov 24th 2008 12:27PM (Unverified) said

Agree. LOTRO keeps looking better and better. Very tempted to go back.

Posted: Nov 24th 2008 12:25PM TheJackman said

• 1 heart
This game still is far of incomplete...half of the middle earth is missing... and next to that LOTRO got so many games and there story is always the same make the epic feeling of this game even worst. And the xp added just 1 zone mines....??!!

Posted: Nov 24th 2008 12:40PM (Unverified) said

To your point about half of middle earth still not in the game...in my opinion, that makes it even better! It gives the game direction serves as an insurance that future expansions will add interesting content that is founded in the lore rather than just make up junk that doesn't work.

Plus, LOTRO isn't the only MMO that's incomplete. I'm no expert on WoW lore, but I do know that there are things missing from it too -- the Emerald Dream and the Maelstrom, for example.

Posted: Nov 24th 2008 12:43PM Boruk said

That one zone you complain about being the only part added, is equal to almost the entire landscape of the game up to that point.

So yeah, they only added the Mines

Posted: Nov 24th 2008 1:54PM (Unverified) said

I'd say it doesn't really matter how much of Middle Earth is in the game at this point. The whole idea is that the characters in the game are following right behind the fellowship, so when they see it, we'll see it. All in all I think LotRO does the best job I've seen yet in immersing you in the game world.

Posted: Nov 24th 2008 1:01PM bak said

I've tried almost all of the big MMO's, and they all have strengths and weaknesses. Lotr is the one that keeps me coming back due to the story and the immersion level you experience. It's mostly the foundation of Tolkien, but Turbine have done an outstanding job at making it come alive...

Love and my highest character is 30...

Posted: Nov 24th 2008 2:49PM (Unverified) said

1 mine? 1 mine? holy crap do you realize how big that mine is? haha, talk about someone that is totally CLUELESS about LOTRO. This "1 mines" as Jack put it is easily one of the biggest technological leaps in MMO's. First off, its seemless. There could be 7 levels all with tons of players in one area and you never see a loading screen. Second, the sides and ceiling are every bit as detailed as the floors, the amount of diversity is staggering for it all just being "1 mines". Sure there has been multilevel instances in games before, and multilevel castles etc, but never before has there been an entire seemless multilevel world the size of Moria, its staggering.

Anyway.

I still believe that they will put out 2 new classes with both of them being mounted combat, instead of fitting everyone with mounts for combat. Its easier to do, and fits in with the addition of classes. Then, much like the legendary weaponry, we will get Legendary Mounts that get increased speed, more resistance to being knocked off, and maybe even a bravery trait that allows them to be used in Moria. Or imagine a horse that has its own swift travel capabilities built in, sort of a "return to home" spell but perhaps selectable by the rider.

Posted: Nov 24th 2008 4:09PM Tom in VA said

Swift Mounts would be a definite plus! Mounted combat sounds ... wonderful. This game has so much to offer.

My only problem is that, as a dedicated "alt-o-phile" I am playing toons from seven classes more or less all at the same level, so it will take me just about forever to get to Moria -- but that's a good thing. :)

The classes in this game are so rich and distinct, that's it's like getting seven (the current character limit per server) MMOs in one.

Posted: Nov 25th 2008 8:08AM (Unverified) said

Erm, no it adds 3 zones. Eriagon, Moria (8 zones) and Lothlorien.

It's also the biggest dungeon made in any game ever.

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014