First off, it's important to note that all of these goodies are only available to people who were subscribed to Tabula Rasa at the time of this announcement. That's right. There was no warning, or time to prepare. They are rewarding those who have stayed subscribed to the game, rightfully so.
- 3 free months of City of Heroes including digital client.
- 3 free months of Lineage II including digital client
- Aion beta access (coming soon)
- Aion pre-order access (available in 2009)
- 1 free month of Aion including digital client (available in 2009)
Think about all of that for a moment. That's basically three free games, three free months of play in two of the games, beta access to what may be one of the most highly-anticipated MMOs in 2009, one free month of play in that game and special pre-order access to same game. Even though I'm sure most TR lovers would gladly trade in all of that to keep the servers going, NCsoft is being quite generous with their severance package.
So for all of you out there who will be able to enjoy these rewards, you deserve it. We will mourn the loss of Tabula Rasa at the end of February, and you can certainly count on more TR news and coverage from Massively up until the last server is disconnected.