Posted: Nov 16th 2008 9:25AM Tanek said

I did pre-order the Collector's Edition for all the extras. Mostly for the cloth map and the music/art discs, but the in-game items are nice as well.

I only wish the book had been of the game's artwork or production design rather than just a starter guide. A nicely designed book in the package would help soften the $80 blow. ;)

Posted: Nov 16th 2008 9:41AM (Unverified) said

I didn't get it because I don't know anyone in real life that plays it. When I had my account for a month, I barely found anyone to play with... :-\

Posted: Nov 16th 2008 9:56AM (Unverified) said

I'm one of the LOTR(O)-geeks that did both. Pre-ordered the CE edition at my local gamestop but also preordered online through turbine to get all the goodies.

I can't wait for Tuesday!

Posted: Nov 16th 2008 3:06PM Sttuoc said

I'm one of the LOTR(O)-geeks that did both. I ordered the CE at my local gamestop and also ordered from turbine to get ALL the goodies. Good news is that all the in-game items stack from both versions.

Can't wait for Tuesday!

Posted: Nov 16th 2008 10:20AM (Unverified) said

I decided to just go with the online account upgrade. Can't see the need for all the physical extras that come with the CE and would just sit in a box somewere for years.

I still get the $199 lifetime pricing which I am seriously considering. I missed founder pricing at launch by 6 days and am happy they are bringing it back.

Posted: Nov 16th 2008 10:48AM (Unverified) said

Not I. I did the online download option so I can start playing right away. I rarely buy the collector's edition stuff. Actually, I never have but keep thinking I might :)

Posted: Nov 16th 2008 12:05PM Softserve said

Who cares if you didn't get it? I didn't get WoW either... so? lol

Anyway, I just got the digital version. Ordering it early netted me almost the same amount of bonus in-game items... I just knew I'd do nothing with all of that extra stuff the CE comes with. It'd just gather dust.

Posted: Nov 16th 2008 12:13PM Snorii said

Yep, I got the collector's edition.

Posted: Nov 16th 2008 2:24PM Riggs said

I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition from Amazon...LOTRO is an awesome game and Turbine is a great developer...I like to support those companies that produce great products and are innovative...hence, I purchased the Collector's Edition...the goodies in the box seem well worth it to me...

Riggler....

Posted: Nov 16th 2008 5:15PM JediPagan said

I bought the CE. This is the first CE I've seen to rival Blizzard's offerings (the WoW CEs set the bar).

Unfortunately, it does not look like I'll be playing Moria for awhile, because Wrath of the Lich King just proved me wrong and got me back into WoW hardcore.

Posted: Nov 16th 2008 6:17PM Jesspiper said

I'll be picking mine up wenesday. This CE looks like it will easily rank up with AoC's and WAR's as one of the best CE's in MMO history.

Posted: Nov 16th 2008 10:19PM TheJackman said

I did not pick up the game at all but I might pick it up later this year.... if money allow it.

Posted: Nov 17th 2008 12:22AM (Unverified) said

A collectors addition...for an expansion. The MMO industry is truly losing its mind.

Wait 6 months and pick it up on Ebay for under 20 bucks.

Posted: Nov 17th 2008 10:03AM jardude said

Well it isn't just an expansion. It comes with the original game as well.

Posted: Nov 17th 2008 10:04AM (Unverified) said

I upgraded digitally. In this day and age, it seems like an excess to pay for all that packaging and transport. Although I do love maps, I can't justify the price difference. Bottom line is: I'll be paying Moria tomorrow at a fraction of the price.

Posted: Nov 17th 2008 11:38AM (Unverified) said

I got both the digital download and the CE as well. I got the CE for the extras as well, but that was only part of the reason; I'd originally started playing off a downloaded trial, so I've never had physical media to be able to re-install if needbe or otherwise install on another computer, which I'll probably be doing over Thanksgiving when I had back to the old homestead on my parents' PC.

And incidently, being able to play the expansion content 'that much sooner' wouldn't have been an issue for anyone ordering the CE through Gamestop at least. They shipped out preorders on Friday it appears, because my CE box was delivered about an hour ago this morning.