Posted: Nov 16th 2008 12:52PM johnnic1235 said

I never felt Lighthouse was the players' voice. He was much more NCSoft's handler...of us.

Nevertheless, he probably did not have much of a choice in his role, and I wish him no ill will as he moves on.

We'll be able to tell what NCSoft thinks about the CoX community when they fill his position - IF they fill it.

Posted: Nov 17th 2008 10:03AM (Unverified) said

I’m really surprised at how NCNC is handling the game right now.
This is the first time, since I5 that I’ve let my sub expire, w/ no interest in coming back.

They had a marginal (at best) PvP system in the game, and a small but active group of PvP players.

Now, they’ve ostracized that group in an attempt to acquire new PvPers? Anyone that is interested in PVP is not looking at CoH. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t cater to the subs they do have. Or expand on what they are. A fun, casual, PvE game.

Now they’ve spent time, money, manpower and resources on an aspect of the game that (after snubbing the current PvP community) will see little to no action. Even the “dual builds”. My wife, bro-in-law, and 2 other RL friends are still playing. Everyone of them have told me they still have no interest in PvP. That’s not why they play. They’re just going to use the dual builds for solo vs grouping builds.

Oh well. Good luck LH. I think you got the short end of the stick for being honest. You may be better off getting out of NCSoft, since as a whole, the company has been making terrible decision after terrible decision as of late.

Posted: Nov 19th 2008 3:30PM starka1 said

Good luck Lighthouse. Sorry you got canned for telling the playerbase the truth.

Regardless, I think you left at a good time since I haven't seen so many people upset at the changes to the game. I'm not talking the normal negativity of each Issue but hard-core supporters of previous Issues actually questioning the direction of the game. Finally, other players are seeing the Devs just tweaking endlessly(come on, do we need yet another currency ala merits?) and not really adding anything new.

Either they do not have the talent to add amazing content or the engine just cannot handle adding innovative features.

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014