Posted: Nov 14th 2008 11:14AM (Unverified) said

I'm glad to see Guild Wars is still improving. I played it for a long time and I played it a lot. If it weren't for me getting sucked into Warhammer I would still be playing. I might have to go check it out here and there to see what's going on.

Posted: Nov 14th 2008 11:18AM lloydv said

These changes sound great. Guild Wars has been one of my first MMOGs and is a reliable go-to-title for the times that I've had enough of EQ-style gaming. I'm looking forward to seeing how this affects my GW account and character titles.

Posted: Nov 14th 2008 11:42AM Minofan said

Excellent !

I was on the verge of succumbing to boredom and renewing WAR ahead of Heavy Metal, but this revamp will get me through a few more MMO-less days nicely.

Posted: Nov 14th 2008 4:01PM (Unverified) said

"Before there was the Lorebook in Lord of the Rings Online, there were titles in Guild Wars. Before there was the Tome of Knowledge in Warhammer Online, there were titles in Guild Wars. Before there were Achievements in World of Warcraft, there were titles in Guild Wars."

Now, I know that this is an article about Guild Wars, and that's why GW is mentioned as having implemented these things before the other games mentioned, but in the interest of fairnes, it does come out as if GW was the first to have such a system.

I don't know WHO can be said to be first, but it definately wasn't GW (which I still do enjoy to play on occasion).

Star Wars Galaxies had a massive badge-system (including titles...) implemented since day 1 (which was june 23rd, 2003). And some other game probably had something similar before that.

Come to think of it... Whichever game came first - isn't is simply a rip-off from the boy-scouts badges? (which in return is inspired by the army).

Betawatch: August 23 - 29, 2014