Posted: Nov 14th 2008 7:25PM JohnD212 said

• 1 heart
Played it a month ago...its ok....nothing nothing special. It's VERY Korean MMO ... The flying is cool but its very slow. The battling is basically just fields of one type of monster...then fields of another...over and over....

Those crazy Korean kids....lol

Posted: Nov 14th 2008 8:29PM (Unverified) said

Lol what a ridiculous comment. A month ago it was CBT3 in Korea and I highly doubt you could even get into that since it was so restrictive. Plus, you clearly don't know what you're talking about since there are multiple different mobs (which interact with each other) on every field; plus on each field, there are different mobs. Moreover, it's just as fast to quest level as to farm.

Go back to school, JOhn and be racist elsewhere.

Posted: Nov 15th 2008 7:52PM (Unverified) said

I really hate people who throw the "racism" card when it's EXTREMELY loosly applicable. I think someone else needs to "go back to school".

Posted: Nov 14th 2008 7:35PM Minofan said

Please bring us the pretty people soon, NCsoft - there doesn't seem to be a Western designer in the industry who thinks we should be allowed avatars that aren't trussed up in brown leather & beaten with the ugly stick.

* starts to hum The Wind Beneath My Wings, rocking gently back and forth *

Posted: Nov 14th 2008 8:25PM Valentina said

You couldn't of played it a month ago, Beta just started a few days ago.

Having played through one of the original beta tests about half a year ago, I know that it isn't the way the 1st poster says it is. Each zone is designed similarly to Lord of the Rings, and World of Warcraft, although alot of them are bigger in both directions. There are safe passageways, and each area has journey checkpoints where you are also safe away from monsters.

Posted: Nov 14th 2008 11:50PM (Unverified) said

He could've played it at PAX. I seem to recall that limited access was given out to the Aion community as well.

Didn't Hellgate: London also break some records in Asia? It then faded into obscurity quickly and is going to shut down soon. I don't expect Aion to have to shutter its doors anytime, but the East meets West mantra it's been touting sounds like doodledink.

Posted: Nov 15th 2008 6:00AM (Unverified) said

I don't think Hellgate broke any significant records - the next two most popular Korean games (in Korea) were L2 and RO2. Hellgate failed because of management issues not because of its lack of merits as a game.

Anyway, we just have to wait and see. But 170k+ concurrent users, if anything, is a very good sign. I think there's a lot of players out there sick of the spoon-feeding ease and relatively immature community of WoW, waiting to try this out.

Posted: Nov 17th 2008 10:16AM (Unverified) said

I don't even care if it's another grinder. If it's gorgeous and the combat is fun, it'll be worth it.