Posted: Nov 12th 2008 11:12AM (Unverified) said

Interesting article. Made me think of when a player in EVE Online finally achieves the goal of becoming a Titan pilot. The person essentially lives in that ship from then on, can no longer dock, is constantly concerned that many others in the game are trying to kill them, etc...They really don't have much control over how they play the game anymore as the ship is almost always needed for logistical operations. Whereas a pilot that doesn't have a Titan can just dock up and jump into a new ship whenever they like, a Titan has more control over its pilot than the pilot has over the ship. After seeing the toll this took on many Titan pilots I decided I did not want to go down that path to flying one. I think it would be great if Frostmourne required the same kind of commitment from a player, making it something people didn't even know if they wanted or not.

Posted: Nov 12th 2008 12:11PM jmerriex said

I disagree but agree with the article. I think it is cool to let famous items drop. HOWEVER, I agree that Frostmorne is not just an item, its a character. Based on that alone it should not be branded about as EPIX. I also am a little weary that Blizzard keeps putting up these iconic characters for players to kill but is not really advancing the story by adding other villians, NEW villians that drive the Warcraft story further. We've had a few (don't get me wrong) but none to the level of Illidan, Kael and Arthas.

Posted: Nov 12th 2008 12:38PM (Unverified) said

I mostly disagree with the article. Frostmorne gives more lore and play angles to the game. Epic win.

In addition:

The first player to get Frostmorne, should have to defend it, so only one per server is available. As said before, in EVE, if you are not in the Titan when it's attacked, you lose it.
If other guild kills Arthas the sword should go a new player, (or let the player with the Frostmorne, defend it).
Or, maybe, the player with the Frostmorne must be kiiled before attempting Arthas.
I love the idea of the Frostmorne, but only being one per server.

Posted: Nov 12th 2008 11:37PM (Unverified) said

I think it'd be cool if it were server unique. So that only the baddest of the bad could hold on to it, but only for a day.

Swordsman launches today