Posted: Nov 11th 2008 10:09PM Idle said

EVE continues to intrigue me. I'd love to get involved. I tried it out once but the learning curve killed me, however. I think it was simply a lack of patience on my part, however.

Posted: Nov 12th 2008 12:39AM (Unverified) said

MightyIdle,

Honestly if you joined a corp like EVE University right off the bat, it would be the best thing you could do. I ended up learning much of what I know either solo or piecemeal from other players, but if I could go back and do it over again, I'd join EVE Uni and go through the classes they offer as a much faster and more comprehensive way to understand the game. (They're a training corp in EVE that's dedicated to teaching new pilots the ropes.)

If that's of any interest to you, then you might want to hit these links:

Posted: Nov 11th 2008 10:36PM (Unverified) said

I want info on World of Darkness. EVE, ya, it's got a lot of good, but it's spaceships and skill system based on real world time don't interest me. No way to catch up with that skill system, it's flawed like that. But World of Darkness, give me info on that.

Posted: Nov 12th 2008 2:12PM Lateris said

I cannot wait for avatars to hit the game and I can take all my SWG pals to Eve Online who love crafting. These free expansions simply give me smiles.

The UI is complicated at first but after a while it becomes second nature. You will always discover something new in the Universe of Eve. It does require time to learn it but the community really helps. Be weary of pirates.

Fly safe

Posted: Nov 12th 2008 12:59PM Triskelion said

Put my name in the category of "intrigued, wanted to like it, but found the learning curve to be too much" as well.

Also, the nonsense with some of the devs giving perks to some of the big corps turns me off.

I can't tell you how many times I tried the trial for EVE only to be completely lost with how to spend points, where to go, what to do, etc. EVE is certainly not newbie friendly, but damn I really want to get into this game.

Posted: Nov 12th 2008 2:35PM (Unverified) said

I'm also part of the "intrigued" crew, but I'm willing to try once more tonight and spend a couple of hours doing all the tutorials available.

Wrath of the Lich King comes out tonight, you say? Nah, it consumes to much of my time; at least EVE gives me the oportunity to advance while away from EVE.

Posted: Nov 12th 2008 6:09PM (Unverified) said

as previously stated I would strongly suggest signing up with EVE university. great group of people that will teach you the ins and outs of the game.

One Shots: The sacred bosom dance