Posted: Oct 30th 2008 8:46PM JohnD212 said

I was one of the few who actually really enjoyed this game. I even bought the Collectors Edition last Halloween and always intended to go back to playing it. I hope its saved in one form or another...its a nice game...good quality and beautiful graphics.

Posted: Oct 30th 2008 9:04PM (Unverified) said

I've played it as well, and have enjoyed the drop-in fun whenever I get the urge to play. Collectors Edition as well, got it very cheap.

I'd really like to see Hellgate: London survive all this chaos.

Posted: Oct 31st 2008 2:01PM (Unverified) said

i really liked the game but this up and down and around, around is making me diz just hurry up and decide already lol

Posted: Oct 30th 2008 9:04PM (Unverified) said

Hopefully some company will pick up Hellgate and especially Mythos. Even better would be if they reassemble the creative team. Though they may have run into problems, the games were solid and fun to play.

Posted: Oct 30th 2008 9:12PM Jesspiper said

I also enjoyed Hellgate. It was fresh, fast and fun. I think this game serves an example that the days of "launch now, patch later" are fast fading. Hellgate's launch issues and first month made AoC look like the epitome of polish. Hellgate's stability and launch quality were easily the worst I have ever seen. Still, the game only had two servers, it can't cost that much to maintain!

Posted: Oct 31st 2008 9:10AM Wispur said

Hellgate was worse than AoC? I can't really comment on that since I avoided AoC like the plague. But, I can say that Hallgate was not the worst MMO launch I've seen, that title would belong to Anarchy Online. Hands down.

I would say that Hellgate's launch was comparable to EQ's and WoW's, all three were buggy as hell and needed numerous patches to make decent. But Anarchy Online... *shudders*

Posted: Oct 31st 2008 12:59PM Nadril said

Hellgates launch was horrible. A OOM error every 30 minutes? You betcha!

Posted: Oct 31st 2008 12:45AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Why so much effort to try and save this terrible terrible game that is stuck 10 years in the past that hardly anyone played?

It was a disgrace to gaming and should be allowed to die.

Posted: Oct 31st 2008 9:08AM (Unverified) said

Wasn't Diablo, but I still play the single player every once and awhile. It's a shame they didn't start with Mythos, though. They would have done infinitely better. That game was a blast, even in alpha. Still hope I get to play it again some day...

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM