Posted: Oct 29th 2008 12:29PM (Unverified) said

I can confirm that SLim doesn't prompt you to create an account if you don't already have one. Here's hoping they fix that soon.

Posted: Oct 29th 2008 6:43PM (Unverified) said

The official download page is http://secondlife.com/SLim/. New users can register their accounts there.

Posted: Oct 29th 2008 9:29PM (Unverified) said

About time they finally got that back up. I see they've finally announced it now, also.

Posted: Oct 30th 2008 12:48PM (Unverified) said

I love the idea of leaving voice mail. If anything, that will be a pretty handy feature. Hopefully Vivox will open the SLim client to their own user base, or event better - tie in some Skype integration to talk to our Skype buddies. One thing I noticed is that a few of the options don't save. For example, try setting it up to include timestamps with logging IM's. Open the settings again and you'll see that the checkbox is not checked.

Hopefully Vivox doesn't start charging residents to use voice like they did back with their second phone client. The 1,000,000 minutes promo was exhausted by residents after 8 months. I wonder if they will have microphones in-world again that actively launch localized group chats within the SLim client.

With the announcement today, Linden Lab appears to think that 50% of all logged in residents are actively talking every minute that they are logged in. I think that it is more like they are listening rather then talking. Most places that you are listening by default have no one talking anyway. It's not like it requires you to be active in listening. It's the same thing as turning on a radio that is tuned into a station, but only emits dead silence. I'd like to see the stats on concurrency levels of broadcasting, or how many minutes were spent talking each hour/day/week/month. How about some stats on how often slvoice.exe crashes?

Posted: Oct 30th 2008 2:43PM (Unverified) said

Tateru, I am with Vivox. Let me know what kind of log-in troubles you are having and I can make sure your username did not some how get into a bad state between beta and launch.

Why I Play: ArcheAge