Posted: Oct 29th 2008 1:57PM nomoredroids said

If a third of Dest. players are Healers, why can't i ever find another Healer in scenarios?

Then again, maybe that says a lot about the mentality of the healer - perhaps they are typically more social than other players, and thus, more likely to join a guild.

Posted: Oct 29th 2008 1:51PM Kamokazi said

It's hard to tell how accurate it is when they DON'T EVEN LIST ALL SERVERS.

Eerie downs is not there, and I would say we are closer to even on Order vs Destruction.

I didnt check the whole list, but it seems like there are far fewer servers listed than exist.

Posted: Oct 29th 2008 1:59PM Idle said

As he said, they aren't counting unguilded characters. From what I've seen, probably around half of the people I run into pre T4 aren't guilded.

Chaos looks to have a slightly greater concentration of healers and tank/melee classes. Even though the numbers are small, you can feel the difference in scenarios.

Posted: Oct 29th 2008 2:11PM (Unverified) said

Will be interseting to see what happens with the numbers when the site can track all characters and all servers. Would be really nice if the european servers could be included also.

Posted: Oct 29th 2008 2:17PM (Unverified) said

If you want to see how badly inaccurate the site is, you can compare these two pages.

Posted: Oct 29th 2008 2:33PM (Unverified) said

The comment that most guilds don't do alts for fear of messing with their Guild XP is false. It was covered by a dev that guild XP is not affected by the number of players.

Posted: Oct 29th 2008 3:36PM Kamokazi said

I read that article, too, but it did not say outright that alts would have zero impact on guild experience. He said that it's based on player activity, so alts should have little impact on it. But any impact is too much for some guilds.

Posted: Oct 29th 2008 4:58PM (Unverified) said

This may be true when looking overall at the total server averages (for whatever servers they used) but it certainly isn't true on a server by server basis. Maybe I just picked several bad ones.

Posted: Oct 29th 2008 6:03PM J Brad Hicks said

I'm in a guild that is pushing its players to get into tier 4 "now now now;" the 10% population edge that the other side has in that tier is driving them insane, and some of the guild's leaders are hard-core "achiever" types who can't stand the thought that it's been a month and we haven't sacked a capital city yet. (Insert sound of my eyes rolling, here.) So it's fascinating to me to confirm my subjective experience that once you get past tier 2, /everybody/ is playing on a "low population" server, more or less, that once you get to tier 3, population drops like a brick. And is so low in tier 4 that I can't imagine how anybody ever finds a team for anything, off peak.

I'll bring this up with my guild leaders tonight; suddenly I don't feel so bad for having tier 2 alts that I enjoy playing more. It's not because tier 2 is so much better, it's because tier 3 is so much emptier.

Posted: Oct 30th 2008 8:31AM (Unverified) said

It's really not accurate tool. Cause of Mythic don't publish accurate data on herald.

It's a way better to look into wardb data since they are pulled from many real clients.

Better look my posts here:

And here:

Posted: Nov 17th 2008 2:36PM (Unverified) said

Thanks all for your interest in the site. I am the owner and operator of waralytics.com.

Since this was posted there have been many updates including additional statistics, better data accuracy by combining data from the herald and wardb.com, and some improvements by mythic to ensure that more servers are being tracked.

Please check back when you get a chance.

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014