Posted: Oct 27th 2008 9:23PM (Unverified) said

Weak! Not everyone can get one to do that. I don't ever want to hear anyone cry "Nerf Warlocks!" ever again.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 9:13PM (Unverified) said

This was part of Blizzard's April Fool's joke for 2008.

Posted: Oct 28th 2008 11:07AM (Unverified) said

Yes, it was, and now they've added it to the game. Or perhaps I was hallucinating when a night elf Warrior ran out of Kara and transformed into a guitar playing Forsaken.

Posted: Oct 28th 2008 11:08AM (Unverified) said

That picture is quite delusional. I thought they had made that April Fool's Guitar Hero thingie. The actual item sucks. Whatever.

Posted: Oct 28th 2008 11:24AM (Unverified) said

The image I used does come from Blizzard, from their practical joke page about the Bard hero class:

The picture fit. The animated image on the Blizzard page is quite similar to what you'll see in the WoW Insider video I embedded.

It's not a joke now though, the guitar is really in the game.

Posted: Oct 28th 2008 1:23PM (Unverified) said

And this is why I am glad I took the DDO route. Putting gh in a mythical mmo is really indescribable in any sort of politically correct way. This seals the coffin for me that wow is really a cartoony kids game of orcs with more repetition than the playings of margaritaville.

Posted: Oct 28th 2008 2:57PM (Unverified) said

To be fair, the Warcraft universe was NEVER without pop culture jokes and satire, that's as much a part of the world as the races that inhabit it. I don't think it's fair to call it a kids game, you just have a more "realistic" fantasy preference.

Posted: Oct 28th 2008 3:46PM (Unverified) said

yea, totally. 11mil kids... most of which are in their 20s or 30s and grew up on a steady pop-culture nonsense.

have fun playing less polished games with 2nd rate gameplay mechanics and underdeveloped user communities thanks to your petty idealism.

mor lewtz for meh!

Posted: Oct 28th 2008 4:32PM AnthonyHJ said

Wait... The Night Elves dancing like Michael Jackson (not to mention the Blood-Elves doing Napoleon Dynamite) didn't already make you think WoW was less than serious?

Half the charm of WoW has always been that it isn't even trying to be hard-core fantasy. The art style alone belongs in a good old-fashioned cartoon.

The Game Archaeologist: Kingdom of Drakkar