Posted: Oct 27th 2008 8:34AM (Unverified) said

It's simply overwhelming when you think of it. I try and keep active subscriptions to WOW and others just for updates and a change of pace throughout the year. But with 5+ MMOs I want to play - I would expect in the future keeping up with 2-3 will seem impossible. I see myself dropping some of the others and then focusing on a new one from time to time - then maybe coming back. In the short term I'm going to try and enjoy both the WOW and LOTRO expansion. They'll both be top notch in quality and also have the biggest bang for the buck.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 8:46AM (Unverified) said

DARKFALL BABY!!

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 8:50AM xenothaulus said

I hope to see myself in the beta for SWOR, and I'll probably still be playing WoW, and still dreaming of the perfect mmo.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 8:50AM (Unverified) said

Another vote for Darkfall here. 2009 should be doable ;)

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 9:04AM (Unverified) said

I left WAR before the monthly fee began and restarted by LOTRO account for the Mines of Moria. Unless SWOR is out in a year I will probably be deep underground in Moria or (just ask likely) in no MMOs and playing 1st person shooters. I guess Diablo III is not an MMO but if that is out (haha) I will absolutely be there.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 9:04AM smoke2000 said

I'll be playing whatever MMO comes up with the best pvp system that isn't too forgiving, meaning consequences for both the killers and the players being killed.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 11:26AM (Unverified) said

I'll be playing WAR until TOR comes out (or beta).

But, I'm begining to get burned out from MMOs, and will likely be giving my neglected 360 more love in the next year.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 9:11AM (Unverified) said

I'm playing WAR and I'll be playing it for as long as it entertains me. When it no longer is I'll probably reactivate LOTRO for MoM and do the same thing there. If I get tired of LOTRO again, I'll just be waiting for the next interesting game. For me that looks like SWTOR but Champions Online and DCUO might be worth taking a look a when their release gets closer.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 9:41AM Rollins said

Darkfall, hopefully.

Possibly WAR if they expand their content quickly enough.

Champions Online is a longshot, but they could win me over.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 10:06AM (Unverified) said

I'll be keeping my EQ2 account active, as always, but my research will be taking me into Stargate Online, Earthrise beta (?), and Star Trek Online bata (?). I may glance at Champions Online only to see how Cryptic avoids a CoX clone and if Jack does get his better but shelved ideas from CoH in there.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 10:14AM (Unverified) said

I see myself in the following games:

1) Champions Online
2) Star Trek Online beta (hopefully)
3) Either World of Warcraft or Age of Conan (dependent on AoC's improvements)

Just this year, I've dropped Matrix Online to get into AoC. I'll be dropping my CoH subscription when CO comes out guaranteed.

The question becomes where Star Wars: The Old Republic and DC Universe Online's development is at this time next year. I don't think either will be out, but DCUO may be in beta. I may try for the XBox version of that game if it is out, for something different.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 10:18AM Microcuts said

WAR's got until December to hook me, doesn't look like it's happening so far. Just don't really enjoy grinding at the moment. I doubt SWOR will be ready next year so if WAR doesn't stick I'll be taking the year off and playing other games.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 10:22AM Haggs said

I'm going to run up against a dilema sometime next year. I'm a loyal City of Heroes player and I'm excited to play both Champions Online and DC Universe Online. Plus I also want to play Stargate Worlds. So I'm going to get to a point where I have to make a choice of which games I can afford to play at the same time.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 10:35AM (Unverified) said

I've already cancelled WoW. WAR is super-fun for me. I anticipate playing it for quite some time. I'm interested in both Champions and Jumpgate Evolution. I plan to purchase Champions. But I'm taking a wait and see attitutde with Jumpgate. Netdevil's track record is such that I won't buy that one until I can weight the post-launch feedback. Putting together a compelling story and an extensive (more extensive than what Mytic made for WAR) website together will help.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 10:33AM (Unverified) said

Probably not playing any MMO, unless an MMO comes out with a completely different dynamic, that changes the way the game is played, and I'm not talking about just a new gimmick. eg. RvR, battlegrounds, AoC fight style.

Right now everything is grind via quest/mobs, level, then end game. (yawn)

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 11:49AM (Unverified) said

Looks like you might just be ready to try DDO.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 1:24PM (Unverified) said

Dungeons and Dragons Online? Ha! I'd be better off going back to FFXI is its still anything like it was in beta.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 10:39AM Daegalus said

Playing WAR. Love the game, lots of fun. With the 1.1 patch in December, things should be interesting.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 11:38AM Evy said

I see myself playing WoW. The only MMO that has any chance of pulling me from WoW isn't anywhere near release: World of Darkness.

I will follow everything being developed/tested, but I just don't see anything besides a WoD game pulling me away from WoW. I enjoyed watching Star Trek and Stargate and I used to read comic books, but I'm not interested in those settings as an MMO. I just can't seem to get into it. I've always preferred fantasy or horror settings with games.

Posted: Oct 27th 2008 11:42AM (Unverified) said

Darkfall didn't even get a mention? I'm going to be there most likely, seems the most innovative upcoming game.