Posted: Oct 24th 2008 6:51PM (Unverified) said

Man I remember when this was the future WoW killer flavor of the month.

Posted: Oct 24th 2008 7:13PM (Unverified) said

i lol'd

Posted: Oct 24th 2008 7:54PM (Unverified) said

We've been Flagshipped.

Just out of interest though, will we still be able to play the SP version?

Posted: Oct 24th 2008 8:45PM Askgar said

Indeed, we'll still be able to use the SP mode.... it would be nice if they released the add on content for free to SP mode... even though I know it won't happen :(

Posted: Oct 24th 2008 7:57PM wjowski said

Shit happens...

And Hellgate was certainly shit.

Posted: Oct 24th 2008 8:21PM (Unverified) said

On the plus side, unlike a real MMO (no, Hellgate was never an MMO no matter what people say, it was exactly as much of an MMO as Diablo 2) there's no reason why you can't keep playing the single player version of the game, so at least you purchased something you can keep using if you want.

Posted: Oct 24th 2008 8:48PM JohnD212 said

It was just last Halloween that I bought the Collectors Edition of this game and ran home on Halloween to enjoy some fun on the holiday. I wasn't able to get the game working for two days...that should have been a signal.

The game was good for what it was. I wonder if the solo play is still playable...anyone know? I still see the game for sale in all the stores...they seriously need to withdraw those games if this is going to happen...how awful to sell a game that you know you aren't supporting.

Posted: Oct 24th 2008 8:57PM (Unverified) said

Hello irony, nice to see you again.. Back when Flagship announced announced that they were closing doors, I figured it would only be a matter of time until the servers shut down, so I stopped playing the online version. Month after month goes bye and I just started to think 'well, maybe I'll go back to it, it hasn't closed up yet.'.

At least we still have the single player version to play. Unlike most online games, where once they shut down all you have is a shiny frisbee.

Posted: Oct 24th 2008 8:48PM (Unverified) said

Any news about Mythos?

Posted: Oct 25th 2008 2:01AM TheJackman said

Well and people say they where burned by AoC this game is far worst AoC trying to become better this is just a We've been Flagshipped.!

Posted: Oct 25th 2008 4:06AM Nadril said

Well, hellgate:london wasn't AS anticipated as AoC either though. Still was a pretty bad burn though.

Really though I feel sorry for Flagship, they honest to god had budget problems. Funcom, on the other hand, can go fuck themselves.

Posted: Oct 25th 2008 10:55PM (Unverified) said

It's sort of a shame, really. The gameplay was actually quite good, with good graphics (especially dx10), great sound effects, and fast gameplay. Unfortunately, playing the same settings over and over in a super short game just don't cut it as a quality single player game, much less a wanna-be mmo. It's "soul" just wasn't fleshed out enough, even though I think the engine and production value was pretty good.

Released too early, with too many bugs. Sounds like a lot of other games released as of late...

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014