Posted: Oct 21st 2008 4:51PM (Unverified) said

lol. Dr. Phill. The guy is about as respectable as Bill O'riley. Which is close to none.

He uses fear and explotation to scorn the uneducated. He's a joke.

Posted: Oct 21st 2008 4:50PM Mr Angry said

Yeh Dr Phil might make a show about how bad it is, but without doubt, his dwarf Ret Pally has run through Kara pointless times and is currently rotating groups to get his Headless horseman Mount, so he can't really preach to us too much.

Feel free to caption the Dr Phil photo as you see fit :)

Posted: Oct 21st 2008 7:00PM wjowski said

I can stop playing MMOs whenever I want. Can you stop being a bloviating, ignorant douchebag?

Posted: Oct 21st 2008 7:37PM (Unverified) said

Dr. Phil is a total quack. He's a snake-oil salesman trying to pass himself off as a psychologist. He's great at spin though, and convincing people he knows wtf he's talking about, even though he pretty much just makes crap up as he goes.

Dr. Phil, like Rush Limbaugh, is an entertainer. His shows are designed to stir up the public and get attention, not help people. If he has ever helped anyone, ever, that was merely incidental, yet he seriously tries to pass himself off as a doctor.

Posted: Oct 21st 2008 10:41PM (Unverified) said

I couldn't stand watching one of his shows. Real psychologists and doctors, especially those who deal with addiction like Dr. Drew, can't stand this guy, because just about all the advice he gives is wrong. He's a total moron and asshat. I put about as much value in something he says as I would a urine drinking monkey.

Actually, the monkey might have something more important to say.

Posted: Oct 21st 2008 11:54PM (Unverified) said

They need to add a 40 man in WoW where a giant Dr. Phil is the final boss.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2008 3:09AM (Unverified) said

This show is nothing but festival for BIGOTS!

Posted: Oct 22nd 2008 6:12AM (Unverified) said

Caption: You call yourself a fury warrior and you didnt spec into bloodthirst? (Looking into the camera) You're and idiot.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2008 1:00PM (Unverified) said

Quote from Dr. Phil: :I'm not saying that computer gamers are bad and I play games on the computer myself sometimes. But I'm saying like everything else it has to be something you do with balance and moderation."

What's wrong with that statement... really? This is all getting blown out of proportion.

Posted: Oct 24th 2008 4:17PM (Unverified) said

When real RPGs (AD&D) first came out, some people got weird about them too. While addiction is a real and serious thing, I think what it boils down to is the people that have a problem with RPGs and MMORPGs already have some sort of imbalance to begin with.

I don't think Dr. Phil is as useless as many make him out to be. He does have some good insights and he has an advisory board made up of liscensed professionals. He even then offers to set people up with treatment and help after the show which the show pays for. It's true he's running a show and wanting to get viewers, but I think he does genuinely help people.

But again, I think whether or not someone is going to get addicted to an activity that doesn't have any chemical components has more to do with the person in question than with the activity itself.