Posted: Oct 20th 2008 10:49AM (Unverified) said

hmmm... if it's the Hammerer, I'll be really dissappointed. Order really needs a striaght up melee DPS to match the Witch Elves damage.

Choppa, honestly, could be dropped, considering how powerful the Black Orc already is. Then again, the Ironbreaker is pretty powerful too.

Bah... dissappointed.

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 10:58AM (Unverified) said

Maybe we'll get lucky, and we'll get a slayer instead of the Hammerer actually. They're really BA, and should lure more mDPSers to order side.

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 11:07AM (Unverified) said

I am glad they recognized that Dark Elves and Empire *really* needed a tank first. I would take my Black Orc to "elfland" and be immediately asked to group for PQs and Hero mobs because they had no effective tank.

Melee DPS for Greenskins and Dwarves is important too, of course, but Black Orcs and Ironbreakers can spec and equip themselves to be a reasonable substitute; obviously not as good as the Witch Elf or Shadow Warrior but still quite effective.

I know it was not in the cards but I was really hoping for the Slayer (Dwarf Melee DPS) class. There are Slayer NPCs in the game so I never really understood why not PCs? I guess the fact that a long-surviving Slayer is actually a failure has something to do with it. . .

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 11:07AM (Unverified) said

Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see that it's going to be the Slayer. And rightly so, Order gets a nasty cool looking class to contrast the snoot.

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 3:01PM (Unverified) said

If they put Dwarven Slayers into the game, I wouldn't play anything else.

Thats the class I used to play in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. That is my link with the Warhammer universe.

Slayers = Love. Or something....like....that.

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 11:13AM HadesLotD said

On the Order Side the White Lion and Witch Hunters really don't cut it, while marauders on the Destruction side are insanely popular. Order needs a good MDPS class that is as fun to play as the Marauder (I played them a lot in beta).

If Order doesn't get something "fun" to play for a healer class and MDPS class, we're going to be hurt even moreso in population imbalances.

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 12:57PM (Unverified) said

Well, I play a White Lion. It's a LOT of "fun", but it's positional DPS and needs the lion in PvE. I don't think Order needs a "fun" MDPS as much as they need a high burst MDPS.

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 11:21AM Microcuts said

I don't see why they would put in one and not the other considering that they're mirror classes and basically re-skins with minor retooling. I agree with the above reader that it would be the slayer since it doesn't have a clear cut mirror unlike the hammerer and chopper.

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 4:51PM LaughingTarget said

Dunno, a Slayer would be the mirror of the Marauder. Witch Hunters and Witch Elfs are mostly mirrors. The Orc equivalent has to have some kind of counter for the White Lion.

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 11:25AM (Unverified) said

Dwarf slayer. That make me roll a stunty!

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 11:49AM Coldbrand said

I'm going to have to agree here and say Hammerer will be removed and Slayer will take his place.

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 12:14PM (Unverified) said

NO! I want them both to be replaced!

Slayer Vs Savage Orc!

gogogogogo

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 12:28PM Abriael said

It's quite evident that's the slayer replacing the hammerer.
So much for the "it may frustrate orc or dwarfs fans", most of the community has been asking for it since the announcement of the classes.

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 1:55PM (Unverified) said

Oh hell ya!

A dual-weapon Orc will be making an appearance, since the Black Orc in DPS spec is the 2Hander champion.
So the Choppa will be back.

But they are ditching the dumb Hammerer for the Slayer probably, which will boost Order's numbers HUGELY.

What's interesting about WAR is that Dwarves actually are very popular in this game and have the best classes in all their categories, other than Magic DPS, which goes to Bright Wizard.

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 3:33PM Gemi said

Definitely seems like the Slayer will be introduced.

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 6:10PM (Unverified) said

Maybe they will just rename him to a Thane (He looks like one anyway), and this was all a ruse.

Posted: Oct 21st 2008 5:04PM (Unverified) said

I think they would be stupid not to give Slayers. It's the one Warhammer class on the side of order that would have people sign up in droves. I for one have avoided Warhammer as I am waiting for Wrath but if they gave players the chance to play a Slayer then I would definitely sign up.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories