Posted: Oct 18th 2008 11:10AM JohnD212 said

• 1 heart
For me it says nothing that they're adding a lot of this stuff...its obvious a lot of these additions (such as the two new classes) were already done and just pulled at launch time. That does not scream Dev's doing a good job to me. There are so many issues that are not going to be addressed even with the first big update. I know games take time but the basic mechanics of this game aren't working without a healthy population of people to play with. Absolutely no one is doing any PQ's in Tier 1 or 2 so creating new character is extremely boring.

You said it...everyone is doing Scenarios...while that's fine...it doesn't create a good MMO. Scenarios are instance based and it kills the actual MMO game world when everyone is off doing them. I also question if Scenarios are really worth $15 a month.

Posted: Oct 18th 2008 12:29PM Ebylon said

First of all, I'd like to know why you have to automatically assume that that just because content was cut, it was a deliberate act on the part of the developers.

Why would Mythic - a company OBVIOUSLY wholeheartedly invested in pleasing their fanbase and keeping the players as happy as they possibly can - cut out classes people had been stoked about when they were DONE? Especially when those classes are going to be reintroduced -free of charge- when they deem them worthy of play.

Second, I've got one R23 character, and three R11-R13ish chars. Yes, T1 and T2 are a little sparse player-wise, but there ARE people that do PQs. Creating a new character is not boring, unless for some reason you have mowed through every single pairing's T1 and T2 on every class. Doing the T1 content on a Witch Elf for me was very different than doing it on a Sorceress, nevermind doing either of them is a huge difference from playing a Shaman almost exclusively Greenskin content-based to R23.

The world is so pretty, intriguing to explore, and just easy to get yourself settled into early on that, myself? I'm not exactly upset I can't get some blue from killing Sunlathir that will be out of date in 5 levels.

Posted: Oct 18th 2008 12:34PM Ebylon said

And, y'know. Furtherly, now that I AM in T3, sometimes the enormity of the amount of players that will do a PQ at one time starts to get to me. It's hard to feel like you're contributing when you have 20 people flailing around like headless turkeys ripping apart mobs in seconds.

My group is a Black Orc, Marauder, Sorceror, and myself, a Shaman. We can single-handedly take down just about any PQ. It was like that in T1, and T2, and it isn't any different in T3. You can't find 3 other people to play with?

Posted: Oct 18th 2008 12:28PM Coldbrand said

What was the point of this article?

Posted: Oct 18th 2008 12:42PM Mr Angry said

• 1 heart
Is this really an article, it reads more like a ranting forum post. Let's have some quality control at Massively folks?

Posted: Oct 18th 2008 4:33PM (Unverified) said

You may be new to Massively.com (although I know you're not, because I've seen you before in other sections complaining about the articles), but this is a BLOG/NEWS site. Sure, most of it's news, but it's also a blog comprised of opinions and thoughts. Such as "Ask Massively", "Behind the Curtain", and "The Digital Continuum" are all ideas and opinions about topics that come up...blogs, so to speak.

So, before you open your mouth, spouting your opinion that you don't like articles in this site because they're not 100% news, please just leave the site entirely.

Posted: Oct 18th 2008 6:39PM Mr Angry said

If it's a poorly written piece, I have a right to say so. So before you get off trying to tell people what to write, Consider this, if you don't like reading people's feedback, maybe you too should look elsewhere?

Thank you.

Posted: Oct 18th 2008 1:09PM MrGutts said

Looks like the WAR fanbois got there panties in a wad.

Posted: Oct 18th 2008 2:07PM Abriael said

Actually I wonder why people can't research a little bit before writing. Scratch that, it doesn't even take research, actual reading would be enough. In the State of the game letter MJ clearly states that the changes mentioned (and many others) will CULMINATE with patch 1.1, not that they'll all be in version 1.1

He also already specified on the vnboards that they'll continue the weekly patching, and that 1.04 is already in the pipeline and that some of the changes he mentioned will come before december.

Posted: Oct 18th 2008 2:38PM (Unverified) said

"Moving on to some more good news for our RvR players; we have brought additional resources to bear on, and augment, our RvR gear and overall itemization. In 1.1 (and beyond) we will be doing a myriad of things for our RvR players, including improving gear drops, increasing drop rates, and implementing an RvR-influence system to compliment the current PvE-influence system." -- Marc Jacobs

Posted: Oct 18th 2008 3:22PM Abriael said

As to the objective folks and the fans, well, this is only part of what will be in 1.1 but we will continue to patch as quickly as we have been the last week. We've already got 1.0.4 in the hopper and I hope we will be able to continue to do a patch a week until 1.1. We have a lot more going in during this time and over the coming weeks I'll talk about our other longer term objectives for the game. We have a lot to talk about and this is only the beginning of some major additions we are going to be making to the game.

As to not going into a lot of detail about the classes or the event surrounding that introduction, we'll be doing that in our next newsletter. happy My SoGs are not intended to go into great detail about every thing in them. Since the DAoC days I have been using them to present an overview of the game in terms of where it stands and where we hope to go with it in the near future. They are not intended to be War and Peace, but simply as the title says "State of the Game."

Posted: Oct 19th 2008 12:09AM TheJackman said