Posted: Oct 18th 2008 1:08PM (Unverified) said

Asking this question is a bit odd, when there's a MMO out there based on a setting that's entirely based on religion fanatism.

Posted: Oct 18th 2008 2:01PM (Unverified) said

I got banned from WoW once for a few days for my warlock Jeesuzz. He wore a maroon robe and sandles... didn't even carry a staff. And he went from toon to toon offering them hunks of bread and bottles of pinot noir through the trade system.

He tried to walk on water, but his pal Nechti's waterwalk spell failed and he drowned.

But then she cast one of the other spells in her aresenal and he was resurrected.

Posted: Oct 18th 2008 3:28PM (Unverified) said

When you go back to D&D you find very copious lore for fantasy religion that only got bigger and grander as time went on and the game went through its many iterations. Fantasy religion is truly immersive and fun. The enormous pantheons of good, neutral, and evil deities of all stripes and foci provide marvelous variety.

EQ2 has the closest thing I ever found to a proper 'religion system' where one could build an altar to your god of choice in your player housing and make 'sacrifices' to them (in the form of uncommon-quality items you found on your travels) and gain special abilities from them.

As someone who almost always plays the priest/cleric archetype I'd love to see a religion system add a little extra flavour to my class' game mechanics. ;) Your suggestion about consequential fantasy religion is great too; having certain vendors not sell alcohol, etc, is a nice bit of texture and detail for a world.

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 12:20AM (Unverified) said

I really won't care until I can spit in god's eye, face to face.

Posted: Dec 15th 2008 5:03PM (Unverified) said