Posted: Oct 16th 2008 7:28PM Lethality said

• 1 heart
What the hell are you idiots talking about?!?

This article needs to be removed NOW. Its completely inaccurate, what kind of journalism is this?

WoW has been playable on an Apple laptop from DAY 1. Natively. On Mac OS X. NOT BOOTCAMP.

What kind of moron wrote this article?

Posted: Oct 16th 2008 7:29PM Lethality said

Er.. never mind :)

Posted: Oct 16th 2008 7:31PM (Unverified) said

He's talking about WARHAMMER, not WORLD OF WARCRAFT.

What the hell are YOU talking about?!?

Posted: Oct 16th 2008 7:38PM Mr Angry said

I'm just a dude watching another dude play a dude in a computer game.

Seriously, worst headline today, "Computer plays computer game!"

Posted: Oct 16th 2008 7:43PM Bluefyre said

I am so glad to hear that as I am driving to Atlanta to pick one up Saturday. I figured it would run well on as I currently run it on an iMac 2.0 Ghz with ATI 2400 Mobility on balanced settings and from the benchmarks I have seen, the NVidia 9400M runs a tiny bit better.

Posted: Oct 16th 2008 7:46PM (Unverified) said

The real test is in RvR. I've had few problems with my Core 2 Duo 2.33 and Nvidia 8600 until I get to RvR and I'm in the middle of a keep battle with particle effects flying everywhere is when I suspect any notebook will fall over.

Posted: Oct 16th 2008 10:30PM (Unverified) said

I have been playing WAR on my Macbook since it came out. My Macbook is only one generation behind the newest one. It runs the game just fine.

Posted: Oct 16th 2008 8:15PM JohnD212 said

• 1 heart
This will just be another person complaining about performance in the game. Usually when you take a closer look at people complaining about how the game runs...its because of something they're doing on their end. Congrats to him for running the game but seriously...if you want to play games...just buy a PC. Apple is good at various things but gaming is NOT one of them. Get over drinking the punch of Steve Jobs and buy a pc and join the games you love.

Posted: Oct 21st 2008 6:57PM (Unverified) said

actually, the guy didn't complain about ANYTHING but him being used to the old style of track pad.

watch the video next time.

btw the punch was good it was 'awesome' flavour. Not sure if it was suicide punch but I drank alot of it!!

Posted: Oct 16th 2008 9:11PM xSFx said

Thank Khaine for this.

Just dropped 2.6k (dollars) on a shiny new MacBook Pro. If WAR runs this good on a 9400m, my 9600 is good to go.

Posted: Oct 16th 2008 9:13PM xSFx said

Oh, and I just wanted to mention to the haters that this is important. WAR can't run on previous MacBooks. 64 Meg integrated Intel graphics don't have what it takes.

Posted: Oct 16th 2008 10:50PM (Unverified) said

You're absolutely wrong. I've played it at low settings on my 2year old Macbook Pro.

Posted: Oct 16th 2008 10:32PM Slob Zombie said

I can't believe there are so many angry comments for this article. How can you get fired up about something like this?

Posted: Oct 17th 2008 10:50AM Firebreak said

The difference here is that they are showing a Macbook and not a Macbook Pro. The old Macbooks could not run the game while the old Macbook Pros could. With the new upgrade they now both.

Posted: Oct 17th 2008 7:53AM (Unverified) said

I'm already playing WAR on my MacBook Pro. On high quality on a 23" Cinema HD Display.

Posted: Oct 17th 2008 10:09AM JeremyT said

I've also been playing on my ~2 year old (early Core2 Duo) MacBook pro with a Radeon X1600. On low settings, it's generally quite playable - surprisingly so.

I wouldn't recommend this as a primary solution, but it's fine when you're on the go and can't be bothered to lug around a desktop system.

Posted: Oct 17th 2008 11:41AM (Unverified) said

I have no problem running WAR on my late 2006 model macbook pro

Just don't forget the USB mouse.... No rightclick makes the game damn near impossible to play... no looting, no merchants, no quests... etc

It's happened to me...

Posted: Oct 17th 2008 12:56PM (Unverified) said

Wow, Mythic is so innovative..

Posted: Oct 17th 2008 1:16PM phobic99 said

Mythic has absolutely nothing to do with this. For all intended purposes a Mac is a PC in a shinier case than everyone else, especially when you put Windows on it.

What are you talking about?

Posted: Oct 17th 2008 4:06PM drunkenpandaren said

Oh man, WAR totally runs fine on my PC.