Posted: Oct 16th 2008 6:03PM (Unverified) said

"We don't have demon crack dealers on one corner and robots from the future across the street, evil cultists on the top of the buildings summoning up things from a cauldron."

This is a funny little jab at City of Heroes. It's an exact description of the mob spawns in Kings Row.

Demon crack dealers = Hellions

Robots = Clockwork

Evil Cultists = Circle of Thorns (yes they are literally on rooftops summoning things from cauldrons)

Posted: Oct 16th 2008 11:33PM Ayenn said

You all need to reconsider this "new interview-style format". It violates tried and true design theory. Have you even done usability testing on it? I highly recommend you do. It is very difficult to read and makes "the eye" do things it is not trained to do. The alternating graphics causes a halt block stuttering when read, which is in no way comfortable.

Why try fixing something that is not broken?

P.S. My wife says it looks erratic.

P.S.S. What is with you guys lately? You are really messing up in far too many ways? Are you under new management... like, someones 12 yo brother or sister?

Posted: Oct 17th 2008 8:56AM Evy said

I agree that it was difficult to read the article in this format.

Posted: Oct 23rd 2008 2:13PM (Unverified) said

Some very interesting info in this article, but jeez, it almost made my eyes bleed.

You can have the alternating hero graphics, that's cool, but please don't alternate them between left and right alignment/float.

Posted: Oct 26th 2008 3:56PM Vandal said

I'm very encouraged by this interview. Hearing MMORPG developers say that timesinks (like travel quests) stink is very, very refreshing.

I was also impressed to hear about how Encounters react to the characters presence. It doesn't sound like people will be waiting at some location waiting for re-pop anymore. Encounters that spawn *where the players are* (or close to them) is brilliant.

I was distressed when another article mentioned 40 man raids and raids were brought up here as well. I really would not like to see multi-hour, Instanced 40 man raids in this game but if they just meant raids forming for PvE public events or PvP then that's fine.

PS - I didn't mind the new article format. I didn't find it any harder to read than normal.