Posted: Oct 15th 2008 10:32AM (Unverified) said

I love how fast these guys update stuff compared to other games. WoW takes months to get patches, AOC takes weeks to fix known exploits...

Also... The patch is like 5 megs, on WoW its a few hundred megs, AOC sometimes has gigs of patches to download

Warhammer is awesome!

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 2:37PM (Unverified) said

5 megs each week its like 20 megs a month.. WoW just patched 1.3 Gigabytes.

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 10:34AM hami83 said

Why not just let us right click the tells? Like in WoW.

Also, I'm still waiting to be able to link gear in chat.

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 11:22AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
B/c WAR isn't WoW? How difficult is it at this point? lol.

Maybe you'd prefer if the bread company made loafs w/ the PB already on it? To simplify your life even more? Gimmie a break. This is great news.

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 11:25AM hami83 said

Just for dealing with gold spammers, wouldn't you want to take the easiest route? Right clicking the name and reporting would be the easiest in my eyes.

I hardly see my logic as wanting WaR to be WoW, that's just a moronic statement.

WaR being like WoW specifically in PvP would be that last thing anyone wants.

Posted: Oct 16th 2008 8:49AM Zerbe said

The game doesnt have the clicking on names in chat functionality atm, so they would have to develop that too. /rg seems like a great option to me, maybe they will implement click in chat in the future.

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 11:13AM (Unverified) said

I just picked up this game last night. I'm getting pretty excited!

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 2:33PM (Unverified) said

to simplify your life? If you were a guild leader, or an officer who receives a lot of whispers from guildies and applications you wont say that.

Anyway, its very easy for a gold seller to use one account to spam gold, and another to send you a whisper with "hi", to confuse the reporting system.

right click on the correct name : easier than /rg your guildie who just asked you "wanna do a PQ?"

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 11:17AM ExcelsiorDDZ said

curse has a simple addon that allows you to link gear in the game. It takes 2 seconds to install.

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 1:06PM preciousj said

I'd really like an item link as well. Love the game regardless. Also, Excelsior, the thing your talking about links a long description of the stats, not a clickable link, as far as I know.

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 1:33PM (Unverified) said

"""If you're a Warhammer player you've probably gotten the impression that Mythic's patching cycle is on par with a hampster's exercise wheel. This is the third week in a row we've seen a major update to the game, """

Just stunningly bad lead and tone here...

Mythic has had a stellar launch in which I've literally had 0 downtime and you write this?

The bugs fixed are mostly focused on tweaks and quest bugs, no major rebalancings etc.

Have you any clue how much happier I am with Mythic's patching over Blizzard's? Amazingly happier....Blizzard is still a raving mess every patch cycle after years of getting it wrong (anyone try to play wow last night?).

"basic features"? Tuning chat because they had seemed to originally not like the idea of a /general channel?

"robustness"?
I've had a few crashes to the desktop...but very few.

Everyone is entitled to his opinion... your's is flawed.

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 1:36PM Mr Angry said

You've taken the comments in the initial piece completely out of context, run with it, and turning it into a bit of WoW bashing. Great work!

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 2:06PM (Unverified) said

Heh... you bet.

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 2:11PM HadesLotD said

1. PVE quest and mob exp gets 50% boost
2. PQ influence gains per kill/completion see 100% boost
3. Renown gear is actually itemized and good
4. RVR keep capturing gives you 15% of a level of exp per cap
5. RVR keep loot rewards actually reward MORE people
6. EXP gain 5% level for capturing battlefield objectives
7. PQ loot rolls for capturing battlefield objectives
8. 25% speed increase for mounts
9. Fix talisman making to make it more accessible
10.Make guild recall an ability, not a scroll

That would be my ideal list of things to see in a good patch.

Other than performance their top complaints seem to be:

T3-T4 slow exp rates and being forced into PVE/PQ grinding.

PQ grinds, specifically poor influence gain per kill. The elite rewards require more and more points while influence gain per kill stays the same. Mythics way of addressing that was to go from killing 25 of something in T1/Stage I to 175 of something in T4/Stage I. Boring, and people hate it.

RVR for all its fun isn't an efficient way of leveling. If taking battlefield objectives yielded GOOD exp and loot rewards, people would do them. If taking a Keep yielded GOOD exp per cap and more people got rewarded, then more people would do RVR.

Itemization, particularly the PVP gear, is bad and forces people into PQ grinds. See #2 for more detail.

People need to see some concrete answers from Mythic on these 4 core issues. I'm glad they have been improving performance, but they need to address the core components of the regular game that people from fansite to fansite have consistently been bringing up.

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 3:13PM Rich said

Screw all that, just give me a mail system that works faster than me mailing a letter to my grandmother in England.

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 7:07PM Arashikou said

I realize this is probably the least of your concerns, but I'm curious what you feel they should do to make talisman-making more accessible.

The recent changes they made to it (removing the dependency on the cultivating-butchering-apothecary triad by getting rid of converting gold dust to gold essence, and putting low-quality fragments on vendors so that salvaging is no longer a required pre-requisite) were the exact two things I felt it needed, and now I find it to be completely accessible. As was always advertised, cultivating and butchering feed into apothecary best and salvaging and scavenging feed into talisman-making best, and while you certainly need a range of skills on different alts to make OPTIMAL use of your resources, it seems viable to skill up any of the above as long as you pick two that work well together.

But I'm still a noob at talismans, so maybe it gets rougher later on. As I asked, what accessibility problems do you feel it suffers from?