Posted: Oct 15th 2008 7:53AM (Unverified) said

Err, Leshrac, did you check:
1) Whether WAR has been optimized for 64-bit? Because if it's a 32-bit application, I hope you realize your 64-bit Vista Will have to switch to 32-bit (emulation) and subsequently is no longer able to use the 8GB of RAM you have equipped; 32-bit (Microsoft) OSes are limited to addressing 4GB RAM, moreover up to and including XP the memory manager of a workstation OS has been hardwired to set aside half of the available physical RAM for OS purposes. So the net (useful) RAM available to applications in that scenario would be 2GB, ASSUMING the 32-bit emulation MS wrote is flawless. From the make of your laptop, I know you're not so naive as to assume anything from MS ;)
2) Whether the type and model of your graphics is supported according to WARs system requirements (as you are running it on a laptop) and even if it is, whether there are any issues according to Mythic Support?

Just stating the obvious ;)

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 7:59PM Espiox said

"WAR, What is it good for?"

It's good for you!

It's good for me!

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 8:16PM Purkit said

I'd like to add a couple of points to this rant fest, if I may.

Personally I think WAR is fun, I know lots of people that also find WAR fun.

Just because you didn't have a good time in WAR doesn't mean that its not good. Guess what dear friends, I got bored of WoW, I didn't particularly like the grind and Raids. Does that mean everyone still playing WoW is a moron? Obviously not. People like different things, get over it!

Will people stop trying to make this into a MS Vs Apple style battle. These are two great games that appeal to different people for different reasons. WoW isn't a religion, you don't have to attack every other product in the genre. WoW doesn't need anyone sticking up for it, its a big grownup game that can take care of itself.

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 1:15AM (Unverified) said

I'm gonna second that. WAR is NOT, I repeat, NOT a PvE game. If you came looking for that, then I'm sorry you didn't do your homework, no ones fault but yours, now please move on. WoW is a damn solid PvE game if that's your bag, but it offers piss poor PvP. It's all different strokes. And I would take exception to saying WAR has no real end game. I'll take keep sieges over the same scripted encounter over and over again any day.

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 11:09PM (Unverified) said

My prediction is that Mythic will merge a few servers late November -- due to an expected population drop -- but the players that remain will make WAR an even better community than it has today.

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 4:25AM gotjpeg said

I've been playing Warhammer for a few weeks and gave up going forward. Like others said the PVP in the game felt stale after awhile. I was really hoping for the PVP, I even enjoyed the taking the keeps aspect of the game it was fun, but after awhile it just felt stale. Not to mention the controls and spell casting felt delayed and somewhat clunky and the classes in PVP are way unbalanced. I hope to come back if they ever polish the game.

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 4:58AM (Unverified) said

Make Love! and WAR! ;D

Haven't played WAR (yet) i am not entitled to comment on any of the things said above.

WOW and AOC are interesting in their own ways. I enjoy the games as new content is released. All those products are beautifull shaped worlds and as some of the people playing these games burn down the entertainment delivered, it is because we are quite spoiled by the availability of MMO's in 2008.

Now I still need to get myself a copy of WAR to take part in one of the best PVP-experiences. LOTR deserves some attention also with the Moria expansion, so my guess is that 2009 becomes a busy MMO year.

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 8:59AM (Unverified) said

Abriael, for calling just about everyone else here a fanboy of WoW or whatever you are pretty much sounding like the epitome of the Warhammer Fanboy ^^

Regarding the System Requirements of Warhammer I must say that it is actually way above those stated on the game pack itself. I use a 2GHz Dualcore and a Geforce 8600 GT. This system is somewhere at the lower middleclass but it is nowhere near the stated minimal system requirements of Warhammer Online. Actually it is pretty damn near the recommended reqs. With my system and any system alike you can perfectly play Scenarios and PvE but you will stutter like hell (5-20 fps) in any kind of RvR Situation. I get low fps even in RvR environments that are completely empty.

I do think they will improve on that but in order for my (allegedly recommended) system to play RvR at competitive framerates, Mythic would not need only time but a wonder of god.

Fact is that Warhammer is currently requiring WAY too much CPU power. It just doesn't appear to all of the more dedicated gamers out there because they long ago made their rigs Crysis ready. But it is not cool that a game that looks like Warhammer need about 100% the power that Crysis needed.

The other point is that the PvE in Warhammer is as bad as in every free grind MMO out there. The mobs don't do any meaningful action that requires you to react somehow. Every fight against a simple WoW Murloc is more challenging because even simple Mobs in games like WoW or EQ will do some tricks that actually force you to use more than autohit.

The PvP in Warhammer is actually way more fair that that of WoW. You can compete from the start and with a good guild you will have you fun. But don't fool yourself: If you do NOT have any kind of at least decent guild with 20+ Members, you will not have fun in Warhammer.

WoW and War are different but both are great games (as for War it has too many bugs and shortcomings right now but I am sure it will be in good shape a year from now)

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 9:01AM (Unverified) said

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 9:50AM Solidkjames said

My favorite thing in this thread by all of the WoW supporters is how they are talking about end game being dead. Uh the game has been out 3 weeks. Thank goodness we don't have a server full of 40's running around zerging the living shit out of the cities yet. WoW WAS fun for me for a long time then Blizzard did something that they suck at, releasing an expansion. Wotlk will be the same thing reskinned and like many people have said, making an expansion doesn't have to be vertical it can be horizontal and add to the overall game. Making everything you have done up to that expansion obsolete is what did me in. I was just smart enough to get out before it was too late.

Posted: Nov 7th 2008 9:00AM (Unverified) said

What is it with people and their need to roll back the clock to 60? Yes. Because having rogues decimate everything and needing 40 people to do anything in PVE was a good thing?

I mean, yeah, there were a lot of things at 60 I loved. Don't get me wrong now. But, to say TBC ruined WoW? I think that's a big stretch to make.

As for War? It is fun. It's captured my attention and honestly I'll be playing both. The only thing that could possibly steal me away from either is a truly amazing superhero/villain MMO. CoX is good, but it's not.. quite there in my book.

Why I Play: ArcheAge