Posted: Oct 14th 2008 4:43AM Vandell said

No. The game is fiercely unfinished, unbalanced, and I'm just not having fun anymore. I was also unlucky enough to choose Order, when it's clearly obvious that Destruction is the apple of the developers eyes.

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 6:06AM (Unverified) said

i'm losing interest in war already. while it was solid and packed with nice ideas, it's a coathanger game. a skeleton. it's a supermodel; stick thin, very pretty but no substance and while it initially catches your eye cos it's all shiny and new, there's very little going on behind the looks.

wow is an mmorpg, while war seems to be an mmempty. to clarify, the world is a means to an end, to a pvp endgame that's already tottering; not a real place with life and colour and little touches that still 'wow' me now and then even now, 4 years of life in azeroth/outland. for example, i used my ultra safe toshleys transporter today and it turned my gnome mage into a troll. for the first time! so ofc i went to scare the newbies in elwynn! completely removed from what i'd planned to do but i had 30mins of fun just being silly.

name one place/thing in war that even comes close to that and i'd renew. it's just hollow and lifeless.

war needs love, but from the dev's first and foremost.

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 8:56AM (Unverified) said

I love the game, it's fun, but it has A LOT of work to do.

The biggest problem right now is the performance problems many have been having. One look at some unofficial support forums (since there are no official ones, which is bad), they are overrun with problems people are having.

So while I'll keep playing, I'm highly disappointed with the games performance, which has gotten worse over the patches, not better. They really need to fix these problems, and soon, or they'll end up losing a lot of customers.

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 12:06PM Chriskovo said

Wow seems like there are alot of whinners at the end of the list. IM def keeping my war account going. Not sure how people are complaining about the servers being empty when i see people all over the place. And the RvR rocks and quite honestly the pvp in wow is just horrible. IT seems Blizzard agrees since it looks like they will be copying alot of things from war in the future, according to blizzcon that is. :P

Posted: Oct 26th 2008 11:26PM UnSub said

Alternatively, a lot of WAR fanbois posted about the best game evah that they'd played for about a week in a reasonably populated Tier 1 server.

How are these same people finding Tier 2 / 3? Are they still of the opinion they want to stay subbed to WAR at this point in time?

Posted: Oct 17th 2008 6:18PM (Unverified) said

I won't be returning. Taking a break from MMOs for a bit to play some of the exciting new singleplayer games in the next month, and then I'm going back to LOTRO for their expansion.

The PvP is fun, but it became a big boring grind for me too quickly. That and the lack of a few important features killed it for me. Maybe I'll be back in the spring or something though.

Posted: Oct 19th 2008 10:19AM (Unverified) said

Definitely. I'll keep p(l)aying until it stops being fun. =)

Posted: Oct 20th 2008 3:51PM Atnor said

I got an email yesterday from Mythic saying my WAR account couldnt be renewed b/c of a problem with my credit card. (I knew about this, my cc expired at the end of the month and I hadnt given Mythic the new number). i then realized that I hadnt logged into WAR in over a week, and I wasnt particularly interested in doing so. My wife feels the same way. She's playing Spore and Vanguard, and I'm back in Vanguard too. The fun of PvP scenarios was over for me after a few days. The PVE was bland. After giving it a shot, I decided that PvP end-game was not something I could see doing. I dont play FPS games either, and I dont really see much of a difference between the 2.

WoW doesnt make any difference to me, never was much of a WoW player. The only reason I played the couple of months total I probably have was to give it a shot and my wife really enjoyed it, so I wanted to play with her. I was happy when she got bored and we went back to EQ2 :)

Anyway, guess WAR will do fine in its PvP niche. I gave it a shot, but it opened my eyes to the fact that PvP is not my game. I'm cool with that. :)

Posted: Oct 26th 2008 11:24PM UnSub said

I've quit after getting to the top of Tier 2 with an Order character.

The PvE was a dull grind. The PvP was fun enough... when it popped. WAR's world is big and empty, the supposed innovations (PQs and enhanced RvR) don't work because there aren't enough players around. The other night I did a search of other characters in my area - there were only 3 or 4 other Order players the entire time. Running from one side of the map to the other is dull.

The other reason I've quit is that as more information is released about how Mythic is going to improve WAR, I keep getting the impression Mythic has no idea at all about what players want. Epic armour sets only available through PvE for final stage RvR? Scenario-less servers? I can't wait to see the class re-balancing that is going to take place soon - that is going to cause some screaming...