Posted: Oct 13th 2008 11:31AM (Unverified) said

Yeah, it absolutely has. I've never liked PvP in any other MMO, and I've played a lot of them. It's just never been my thing - I love PvE and exploring. But for some reason, I really enjoy PvP in WAR; although I wish there was more PvE stuff, I do like how Mythic set this game up.

I'd decided a while back to break from WoW anyway, regardless of WAR, but even with WotLK coming up, I don't think I'll go back anytime soon.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 11:53AM (Unverified) said

I've been using the trial and I'll be subscribing. Whether or not WoW is 'better' than it doesn't matter to me, it's a new game while WoW isn't, so it has new content, new things to discover and learn. I love the dark graphics, easy scenarios and really nice tome/questing. The animations and tiny buff icons let it down a bit but the rest makes up for that.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 12:02PM (Unverified) said

Mythic will get my subscription dollars for the foreseeable future. Though a bit lacking on the "RPG" side of things, WAR has a fun factor like no other MMO I've played. The world is beautiful, the social tools are second-to-none, and the PvP and PQ create a diversity and range of options that have got me hooked.

WoW was a spectacular game for what it was--but what it is isn't particularly fun or relevant (for me) anymore. I'm sure Blizzard will come out with yet another superbly entertaining MMORPG in another five to ten years, but until then, I'm not terribly interested in a re-skinned version of the same old tasks that started feeling like work back in 2007. And many of the "new" elements of WoTLK that DO interest me are watered down version of things Blizz lifted from DAoC--things they should've lifted about 4 years back.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 12:28PM (Unverified) said

I canceled my WAR subscription. The game's best feature was its PVP. The game's worst feature was that it was pretty much only worth playing the PVP.

PVP is great and all, when there are people online to play with. Which isn't during my usual 3am playtime.

PVP is also not fun when your team is clueless and sucks. Yes, I've been on some awesome teams. The vast majority of them though played worse than I do, and that's saying something.

Bottom line is that its a great game, but for me its not a $15 a month great game.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 1:14PM Coldbrand said

You know at this point you make it sound like you're being paid to constantly question whether or not Warhammer will hang on. This is like the third article you've had about this recently.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 1:35PM deluxe2000 said

I would keep subscribing, but just a few things are too annoying right now (mail server bugs, AH bugs, confusion over how you actually cap an RvR lake, slow PvE and lack of good bone-crunching feedback during PvE). So the answer is no.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 1:34PM (Unverified) said

I'm renewing my WAR subscription -- for now.

I am getting my RvR fix (RvR > PvP) with WAR but, unlike many posters, I will be going back to EQ][ in November (for Shadow Odyssey) to get my PvE fix.

The interesting thing is that I consider myself a "carebear" but moved to an Open RvR server after finding the RvR action on Core servers too quiet and constrained.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 4:52PM (Unverified) said

I'm in for one more month. I'm hoping bugs get ironed out and once we're all in tier 4 it'll be a fun, messy bloodbath.

That said: Fallout 3 will take some of my time away, and WotLK may as well.

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 7:28PM drunkenpandaren said

As the great Captain Falcon once said:

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 2:32PM gemski said

Already done with WAR, will go back to WoW once Wrath hits. If it gets boring I may give LOTRO a better chance.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 2:35PM (Unverified) said

Cancelled.

Nordenwatch - Nordenwatch - Nordenwatch
Mourkain Temple - Mourkain Temple - Mourkain Temple
Tor Anroc - Tor Anroc - Tor Anroc, um that is as far as I got. I am not going to grind out that crap for a looksie at the endgame.

No public in my public quests. Blah PvE. Also I rolled a WP, my bad, I thought they looked cool.

It came down to do I want to grind another game for another $15 a month. The answer was no...

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 3:06PM Jesspiper said

They will get my money until Nov 18th.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 4:02PM MyBeo said

I'm enjoying War alot coming from Dark Age of Camelot. So they will be getting my money for awhile.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 4:24PM Jesspiper said

That's strange considering the RvR in WAR is nothing like DAoC!

-DAoC had three sides; WAR has two

-DAoC had no instanced "sports-match" RvR; WAR's main emphasis is on instanced scenario RvR ala Guild Wars/WoW .

-DAoC's RvR was 100% separate from PvE zones; in WAR it's integrated right in.

I played DAoC for two+ years and there are very few similarities, if any, between the RvR systems in both games.

WAR is basically what DAoC would have looked like had it not-pre-dated WoW. A "Dark age of Warcraft", if you will.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 5:04PM (Unverified) said

Yup. I've still got many complaints but it remains fun.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 7:02PM (Unverified) said

I will not be renewing, I have gone back to WoW. While WoW is far from perfect it is much more fun. WAR has nicer graphics, but there is just no content. The RVR is simply not fun, and the class/race combos are too limited. They say they are removing the grind but the whole game is a grind. You are either grinding renown, influence or experience. And if you weren't in the initial leveling burst good luck finishing a PQ.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 10:56PM (Unverified) said

Gave up on WAR, got tired of the bad PvE, the PvP grind, and the absolutely worst chat system in any MMO today.

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 12:05AM Anatidae said

Yup

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 2:00AM gotjpeg said

No I will not be returning. Like other's stated the PVP is fun but gets boring. PVE is stale in the game. Controls and game feel wonky and buggy. Classes are way unbalanced, and most of all the game feels lonely. Noone talks in the game, an mmo that has no socialness just feels weird and empty. No thank's I'm going back to WOW.

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 3:18AM (Unverified) said

Will come back to WAR in 6 month or so... Northrend here I come...

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014