Posted: Oct 13th 2008 12:23PM Solidkjames said

This guy could foster a child in Ethiopia or possibly adopt a kid for the amount of money he is dumping on Blizzard. It may just be me but at some point the reason you play an MMO is to have fun with friends, I guess this guy has multiple personalities so he has a toon for each one lol. I pray he meets a girl someday though.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 1:12PM Coldbrand said

Hey you started off with a point, then slipped off into stupidity.

I'm pretty sure a guy who can afford 5 grand a year on hobbies has enough cash to earn the attention of at least certain types of females.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 2:53PM (Unverified) said

Either that or he's blowing all his money on WoW and still lives in his parents' basement. "Hey baby, can wanna come over and see me break records in obbsessive gaming?"

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 3:21PM (Unverified) said

People like this make me sick... I knew some people were addicted to WoW, but this has gone to far... I can't believe people love this game THAT much to pay for 36 accounts... Does the guy not have a life or whats the deal?

People like this are pathetic human-beings...

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 3:35PM (Unverified) said

Who cares? I have friends with race cars that blow that kind of money on engines once a year, others with crazy gaming rigs that will spend $1000's, a friend with a horse (talk about money, it eats like $30 of food a day), and my grandma probably spends that much on antique nick-nacks. Everybody has their vice, this guy's is WoW.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 5:27PM (Unverified) said

It's interesting how quickly people are to jump on the bandwagon to make fun of the player mentioned in the article.

I wonder if he'd receive the same type of feedback if he spent $6000 a year on Blu-Ray movies, candy, or illegal drugs.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 5:29PM (Unverified) said

Good for him.

If he can be his own raid group more power to him.

Let the Ethiopians feed thier own.

I think that if more people could afford to hot box multiple accounts they would.

So hang up the snobbery.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 5:54PM Ripper McGee said

Reposted from my reply on mmorpg.com:

The subscription may be just $5711/year, plus ~$1,500 for WotLK, but he's incurring quite a bit more in hardware expenses and electricity, more if he's cooling his play area like a server room (and he should be with all that hardware). I'd be surprised if he wasn't playing on a business account on his ISP in order to handle the bandwidth limits imposed by many consumer accounts. Hell, with that much hardware, I'd be playing in a server room with a raised floor, cabling, cooling, UPS', etc...

~Ripper

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 12:47AM (Unverified) said

This guy plays on my girlfriends server (Aegwynn). She has a screen shot of him standing in Shat with all of his toons in a circle. Each toon was doing an emote every second to the point where everyone near him was lagging out of the game. Seems kind of douchey if you ask me.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 11:28PM wjowski said

I'm less disgusted with his hobby and more disgusted with the various delusional 'Holier Than Thou' commenters. Nothing stinks quite like delusional self-righteousness.

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 8:24AM (Unverified) said

That is insanity.

Now if he did that in a game like WAR, he could actually accomplish something cool like taking a Keep all on his own. Not sure what he can accomplish in WoW.

But insane, definitely.

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 3:01PM (Unverified) said

Heres to paying 5k to be bad at a game, to lose every match.

I see lots of people doing this and im never sure why they always use shamans.

I doubt its fun since you lose every batttleground and you cant run 5 or 10 mans with just shamans.

Im very surprised people like this dont get shut down sooner since the obvious motivation is to grind them all some mediocre pvp gear and then start selling the accounts.

People like this are losers with too much free time, they are afraid to try things in the real world so they put in A LOT of effort to a social game, And I guarantee my 1 shaman is better than any/all of his, and im 100% positive that my 5 man arena team would murder his.

P A T H E T I C A N D R E P O R T E D!

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 3:06PM (Unverified) said

Hardly Snobery and playing muliple accounts at the same time isnt that much fun. And If anyone ran their own raid group id call them an antisocial no lifer. 5k a year is not an astronomical amount of money, its pretty much breakfast and lunch for a whole year.

LOL his basement must be so hot!

The fact of the matter is that this is his accomplishment. not being good, not progress, financial dedication. I would almost guarnatee hes violating terms of service.

your allowd mulitple accounts but you are Not allowd automations via 3rd party software, and im sure that that is happening here.

I plan on making a forum post about this guy, and reporting him, be prepared for the price of poorly geared lvl 70 spacegoat shamans to drop very steeply.

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 3:40PM (Unverified) said

Why do you all have to bash the guy? What are your hobbies that don't waste as much time as his, and are so much more accepted? Since when did being a social butterfly become a requirement to lead a happy life? He probably thinks we're foolish for wasting 100's of hours a year watching football in our living room. We're not being social, or accomplishing anything either, but we're having fun. So is he.

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 6:20PM (Unverified) said

He is not having fun, he is working, he sells those chars, watching football is free and social btw.

Stop defending ppl that break ToS and deserve to be banned!

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 7:52AM (Unverified) said

"Guido666 said...

You have to give him credit for doing, ALONE, what normally takes 36 skilled people independently. If you can do anything that takes 36 people [that already know what they are doing] normally, please tell us about it, and they'll write you an article too. Oh, you can't? QQ more then please."

he doesnt do what 36 ppl do.. Whatever that means, He doesnt raid with them, look at him, they are all shamans and they are all horrible, he just Que's up and grinds honor and sells them.

Posted: Oct 15th 2008 6:08PM (Unverified) said

Wow this dude could totally run an av all by himself, and I though 5 shamans was bad, this is insanity!!!

Posted: Oct 17th 2008 10:27AM (Unverified) said

Hey Hey

It is not the money for subs or hardware that amaze me , but the fact that this is what he considers fun. Hell to each there own.

You know there was a time when you had to work with people in MMO's.

Welcome Home