Posted: Oct 12th 2008 5:26PM (Unverified) said

They have to do some key things like fixing the broken city siege system, but barring a monumental failure, I think WAR has a comfortable position where it is. I really doubt you'll see it drop off as quickly as AoC did.

Posted: Oct 12th 2008 5:57PM Coldbrand said

This isn't very in depth or amusing. He's just stating really basic and obvious ones.

Posted: Oct 12th 2008 5:59PM Minofan said

It's a well written article, but there wasn't anything especially new or insightful on that list - we all knew Christmas and the Liche King are coming !

I can only chip in that my personal position is :

* Bought it ( CE ).
* Won't be subscribing.
* Will be watching content updates & expansions.
* Would only cautiously recommend it to friends.

I'm not alone in that position on my ex-guild forums, but I expect that WAR will retain the vast majority of those 750,000 until WotLK at the very least.

Posted: Oct 12th 2008 10:21PM Boruk said

Yeah...waiting for Moria.

WAR could be fun..for those that like the PVP, but what does it hold for PVE? What is there to do for those people that don't have time to stay on a long time and aren't looking to PVP?

Is a fun game but not for me at this time.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 12:37AM Nadril said

Well, of course. That'd be like me saying "what does LoTRO have for me for PvP and aren't looking to PvE?"

Anyways the article just stated obvious reasons, really. The biggest thing though is deffinitly getting over the idea that WoW is the "only" game of it's kind (only MMO) that most people seem to think.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 5:08PM (Unverified) said

See, I don't get how every keeps saying "WAR PvE is a joke" because I see it as no different then other MMOs as far as PvE content.

Hell, the PQ's actually add in more content then other MMOs for PvE because instead of 'Random X mobs here, here, and here' you've got a whole area designed for the mobs within and it's very detailed. Has anyone here been to the graveyards in Talabecland? The zombies literally climbs out of their grave and attack you (in other games, they just randomly spawn and walk around like they've always been there but just don't seem to fit in a forest).

Maybe people just don't pay attention to the content of the quests they're doing and rush by them without thinking or caring. Only then they get to the Rank cap fast and then complain about the lack of content. Like, finding those tiny items near specific areas that give ToK unlocks about the area or certain people.

Posted: Oct 12th 2008 11:56PM (Unverified) said

I'll be subscribing to WAR for the near future but MoM interests me as well so I'll be trying that out int he new year sometime. The time frame for that depends on how long WAR can last for me. Most MMOs only hold my attention for about 3-4 months at a time.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 1:00AM Jesspiper said

I'd just like to throw in there, that just because someone is a hardcore fan of the IP, doesn't mean they are a guaranteed subscriber. Sometimes it can be a double-edged sword. I have been playing Warhammer for 15 years and this fact has caused just as much disappointment over WAR as anything other reaction.

The lore was massacred to make this game, even as far as IP-centric MMO's go. I've tried WAR, but it's lack of rounded game play and radical departure from the lore will guarantee me canceling my subscription and going back to the miniatures table...not that I ever left.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 2:16AM TheJackman said

Not like PVP at all, and WoW at the Blizzcon let us known they are copying stuff of Warhammer like pvp leveling (level in battlegrondS!) and you no longer have to go to a battlemaster. And Guild battlegronds are in the planing and much more was talk about.

At less in Warcraft they not can trow down stormwind!

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 5:36AM Stanzig said

I've already resub'd for war. I haven't had this much fun since I was a noob in eq. I'm mainly a pvper but have read there are pve instances and look forward to doing them(killing the kings endgame is pve too). The public quests are almost always pve and they are one of the best things about war. A friend who has never been into pvp much has had a total blast in scenarios, so it is worthwhile for non-pvpers to try. I really got burned by AoC so I didn't pick up the CE of war, wish I had now 8(.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 11:14AM Scopique said

I'm not a PVPer...never have been. However, I'm sticking with WAR. I'm part of a great guild and after spending several nights in a row taking RVR objectives, PVE is slow and less interesting then the unstructured "smash and grab" of RVR.

Posted: Oct 13th 2008 4:43PM Triskelion said

I've canceled my WAR account, I was a closed beta tester and I'm an owner of the CE.

Basically I hit lvl 21 and I hit a wall, RvR got boring real quick, Scenarios got boring and PVE is a joke. After doing every PQ I could find up to chapter 12 the thought of having to do another one makes me ill. WAR has some cool and unique features but the world feels small, PVE is something similar to EQ 1999.

As a Witch Hunter in WAR I was really limited to using maybe 2-5 different skills; build up some accusations - then use your pistol, rinse, repeat. You had the occasional remove root skill you could use, and maybe sprint but in looking at future abilities it never really offered anything new or exciting.

You can't PVP 24x7x365, and when you need a mental break and just want to run a dungeon or do some solo-PVE in WAR you just don't have many options in WAR.

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 8:59AM (Unverified) said

I think the performance problems you find most of the unofficial support forums full of could be the biggest breaking factor in losing players. It doesn't matter how good a game is if players can run it smoothly and properly.

So they need to fix that part of the game, get it out of the Beta phase, and get it running properly, before they can worry about other things. You don't pimp out a car that doesn't having a working engine.