Posted: Oct 10th 2008 3:29PM GreenArmadillo said

Sales are not subscriptions. Warhammer's first bill date won't happen for over a week (Oct 18th at the earliest, longer if you pre-ordered and took full advantage of the grace period). Until that first fee comes due, they have 750K sales and zero subscribers.

Posted: Oct 10th 2008 3:47PM Abriael said

It's still the fastest selling MMO in history (aoc sold 700k in 1 month, warhammer is already at 750k in 3 weeks), and it's continuing to sell well, despite what the doom and gloomers would like, more luck next game for them, i'm afraid.

Posted: Oct 10th 2008 5:26PM (Unverified) said

Really I don't think we're going to have much attrition apart from WoW players that don't re-up when WotLK hits.

I do see that as a big risk for WAR. They could lose 200k or more hardcore players who don't really like the game, or lose interest and cancel or just stop logging in after November.

December and January are the numbers to look at.

Posted: Oct 11th 2008 1:45AM (Unverified) said

I'll miss those 200k easy kills I suppose.

Posted: Oct 10th 2008 3:39PM hami83 said

I'm happy for this games success (Yes, I'm a player). However I wouldn't get too excited about any numbers until after the majority of the free month of play times has expired, when people really need to start paying for the game.

But if anything, they made the amount of money it cost to make the game back already. :P

Posted: Oct 10th 2008 11:05PM (Unverified) said

It should read 750K Activated accounts. Not subs.

But, I think that the game is growing b/c it's good and people are realizing that.

Once there are large sections of the community getting to the T4 cap city raids, I think we'll see even more players.

I don't know if they'll hit the 3.5 mil point Mark had guessed, but I think they'll ecipse the 1 mil mark w/in the first year.

Posted: Oct 10th 2008 4:15PM (Unverified) said

I doubt they will lose many, all my friends that have tried it have canceled their other game accounts to play this one

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 1:28AM (Unverified) said

Yeah, I have been playing EQ1 for years (since '99) and I just now finally cancelled it for this game. That says alot, seeing how I tried LOTR, Vanguard, EQ2, etc.

I love playing destruction and doing the little quests while I wait for PvP scenario to open in the queue.

I haven't had this much fun since I began playing the original EQ back in '99. That should say alot, well, at least for me.

Posted: Oct 10th 2008 4:16PM Lethality said

Well, I can't tell you where they are based on the deserted game world on the servers I am on.

Posted: Oct 10th 2008 5:22PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
SO I HEARD YUO GUSY LIKE MUDKIPS!

Posted: Oct 10th 2008 6:22PM Jesspiper said

Here's one person who isn't renewing his WAR sub past the free month. The PvP is awesome, but the rest of the game is below-average at best and rather mundane as an all-round MMORPG.

Posted: Oct 10th 2008 7:06PM (Unverified) said

It's the number six months from now that will show where it stands. Wait until Wrath gets released, see how many WoW players go back, or how many stay away.

I know WoW holds nothing for me any more, so it's WAR all the way until something like World of Darkness or Warhammer 40K comes along, which won't be for a while.

Posted: Oct 10th 2008 7:35PM LaughingTarget said

At this point, the only thing WoW has going for it is the fact it has a ton more people playing at the moment. That's pretty much it. PvE stops being fun rather quickly leaving the PvP aspect, which is where WAR has it in spades. Wrath isn't going to drag me back. Just another 10 levels of the usual and back to unbalanced PvP.

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 7:31AM (Unverified) said

Your also forgetting about the mass appeal aspect. WoW was meant for the mass market while WAR was meant for the hardcore. I know for a fact my GF who plays WoW will not play WAR because it just doesn't appeal to her. Also having both male and female genders definitely go a long way in trying to grab the mass audience. This is why DAOC only had 2 million subscribers while WoW had 10 million.

Posted: Oct 11th 2008 9:58AM (Unverified) said

I knew it! :D

WAR > AOC

WOOT!!!

Posted: Oct 10th 2008 11:42PM TheJackman said

Just killing time with WAR going back to WoW in November and later hop back in WAR maybe.

Posted: Oct 11th 2008 5:46AM Graill440 said

Not even close to a million PAID subs by the end of the year closer to 500k as some have stated, no more.

Posted: Oct 14th 2008 8:00PM wjowski said

If any MMO's been hurt by WAR's success, it's AoC.

Posted: Oct 16th 2008 4:42PM (Unverified) said

I quit WoW for WAR, but I can't stay in WAR because my computer can't quite handle it as well as I'd like.

But I'm not going back to WoW. The Lich King stuff just doesn't excite me at all, in any way.

I'll probably play CoH for a while. Maybe I'll upgrade my computer one day and happily return to WAR. If they continue to make the RvR as interesting as it has been so far, it'll still be around.

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014